Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey Jenn!

This same problem is happening to me. bought new pwr cord, but batt does not charge. Anybody figure out this problem?

Thanx!

HP Recommended
Wow! Thank you, I just tried this and the battery is now charging on my DV7-1103ea laptop! Thanks again.
Monya
HP Recommended
Wow! Thank you, I just tried this and the battery is now charging on my DV7-1103ea laptop! Thanks again.
Monya
HP Recommended
I tried this with my DV7-1103ea laptop and the battery is now charging yay!! Thank you:
I ran into this tonight and tried a fix that I've been told shouldn't work, and it's solved this problem as well as a couple other computers in my family over the past year that have had Windows report "Plugged in, not charging."

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Remove the power cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Hold the power button down for about 10 seconds.
5. Reconnect battery.
6. Reconnect power cord.
7. Start computer back up and see if it's fixed. May need to wait a minute or two to see that the charge is increasing as it should.

Hope this helps.
HP Recommended

I have had the same problem but found a solution as I have had these machines for over 10 years.

Turn off the machine and then start up and start tapping the "esc" key in the top left hand corner of your keyboard.

select F2 for diagnostics

select battery diagnostics

run test

when finished restart machine

this used to be done with a button on the batteries themselves. which basically recalibrates the battery.

you should know find that the machine is charging and telling you that it is going to take X time to reach 100% or showing you the percentage in your battery at present.

Hope this helps.

Regards

cipherprime

HP Recommended

Who woulda thought that rendering a computer powerless, and pressing its start button for 10 seconds when there can be no possible effect, would work?  Counter-intuitive, but it worked.  HP tech had me do a full restore, which failed.  You, our ubiquitous online guru, are a fine outstanding young American boy -- not that the last three words are more than assumptions.  If you are writng from Bangalore and not young, you are fine and outstanding.  And generous.  Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.