Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Same issue...no luck with hard reset...HELP!!!
HP Recommended
Dwferguson2, what type of caddy did you put your HD in? I'm done with HP too!
HP Recommended

Well, i have the same problem with mine HP Pavilion dv6-6c11ea. The laptop was working fine, i closed it , then in the morning when i opened the laptop, i had only the power button, wifi button on, the vent was working and i could feel the HDD spining. Done the hard reset several times. Support told me to reinstall the Windows. After it was done the laptop loaded til login, but the darn keyboard did not respond, so did the mouse. After hard reseting again the laptop wont even turn on. In monday i`m brinving it to support and getting  god **bleep** refund.

HP Recommended

Good evening, Am also having the same problem, i have this hp pavillion dv6, if i should put it on i will hear the sound of the processor fan working, the white light on the caps button will be blinking but the screen won't display anything i have tried removing the battery and inserting it back but still not working.

should i also try a hard reset as well?

HP Recommended

HI dvizier:

Thank you for your post. I am glad to help any way I can!

I understand that you are getting a black screen on boot up.  I am providing you a link to "Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot"   click here. Here is a link to "Performing an Hp System Recovery Windows 7"  click here.  I hope this is helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello, Thanks for the reply of my message, I have use an external monitor to test it as well as memory module test still the screen didn't come up on start up, i even did a hard reset still the problem persist

I guess the video chip is bad and there is no any hp rep. close in my area except i have to travel down to our nation formal capital which is Lagos.

HP Recommended

Hi dviier:

Thank you for your reply.

I regret that the previous suggestions did not help. I am sending you a link to the UEFI diagnostic    click here.  When you connected the external monitor did it work or not.  If the external monitor worked the video chip is working. When you start up, do you see any flashing lights or hear any beeps"Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code"   click here.  I hope these help.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Okay so I have a Pavilion DV6 on Windows 7. I haven't used it in a while, there was something wrong with the hard drive a while back. But a reformat seemed to fix it. I couldn't use the internal reformat system as that was corrupted/damaged. I have a Windows 7 disc so I used that. Got my laptop working and started downloading drivers. Everything was fine until I went to turn it off. It had 84 updates, which I allowed. It got to 75 before the computer screen went black. The lights were still on, the fan was still running. That all turned off and the power button light started blinking, signaling that it was in sleep mode. Pressing the power button (or any other button) does not wake it up. I have to unplug and take the battery out. Starting it takes me to the windows start up screen and then it goes black and goes to sleep!

HP Recommended

Hi  chelsay:;

Thank you for your post. Please see the solutions provided in my previous posts. I would suggest running the UEFI diagnostic to test the hardware for a problem, especially the hard drive as you stated, you did have an  issue with it before. If it test fine. then try the other solutions.

Happy Holidays!!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Hopeing someone can help, have a HP Pavilion dv6 that wont power up the lights come on but nothing on screen, have tried hard reset and external display but still nothing. The caps lock and num lock buttons flash twice which according to HP means it is a BIOS fault but the laptop will not post let alone boot so not sure how I can flash it to try and reslove the issue. Can anyone help?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.