Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi  Kes3,

I understand your HP Pavilion dv6-3110sa Entertainment Notebook does not start, but gives you flashing LED lights. If you follow the document provided it should help resolve this issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (Link Updated 04/26/2017)

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the solution attempt; however, I tried your method early on with no success. I pull the battery, detach the power cable. and press the power button for at least 30 seconds and try once again to start. The result is the same: the computer gets to the "Starting Windows" screen, the 4 colors assemble and glows and there is no other progress. The notebook is frozen and stays that way.

I tried the HP system recovery disk set (3 disks + 1 set of recovery drivers) with the same results. I ran all HP diagnostics with results showing "passed" for everything, including hard drive and memory.

System numbers:

Serial number: [Personal Information Removed]

Product number: A6Y01UA#ABA

Model: dv6-6C15nr

HP Recommended

Hey MikeHaftel,

I was wondering if you could get the computer into safe mode. Press the power button to restart the computer and immediately press the f8 key repeatedly, then try to follow this document.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope it goes well.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I just tried to start up in "Safe Mode." It won't start up in Safe Mode with command prompt. It shows about one and a half pages of programs (a few are empty) and says, "Please Wait" and just sits.

- Mike

HP Recommended

Hey MikeHaftel,

Before you did the recovery, did you make some changes to the computer?

Try Safe mode without networking.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

No changes were made prior to problem starting. I tried to start without networking -- same result. I purchased and installed a new hd with the same result -- reinstalled original hd. The problem was the same with the brand new hd -- freezing at the "Starting Windows" screen even though I had a completely blank hd; I was, howevever, trying to start with the Windows 7 install CD. Do you think the BIOS has a problem?

- Mike

HP Recommended

Hi MikeHaftel,

You can check here at this site. Use one of the following sections to reload the factory BIOS settings to the default setup.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I re-loaded BIOS settings and saved with no success. My conclusion is it must be a hardware failure -- motherboard perhaps? The warrenty lapsed last May.

An expensive lesson and one that leads me to the decision to never purchase another HP device ever again -- poorly engineered computers.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for provided link. 

After checking what led lights can be indicating - looks like there is problem with CPU.

What shall I do next? replace CPU? 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Kes3,

If you are comfortable that you have exhausted your troubleshooting efforts and tests. You could remove the CPU and have a computer shop check it to make sure. I would replace it.

Here is a link for how to remove the CPU from Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iBWAzN_Fc

Here is a link for parts.

http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Default.aspx?mscssid=394563253B9449E795A6C12AD839029C

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.