Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Gremlin810.

Thank you for your post.  If you have done all the steps in the previous post I would suggest calling HP support.  Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region click here.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Problem 1) What you should do: Take off your computer, take away all USB and Cables connected to your pc even the charger (if you are on laptop take out the battery too). Wait 1 minute then take everything back in. This sould work, if not.
Then it's the memory (caused by Lightning or you took your pc fast off) in the pc that makes your pc loop/blackscreen. Problem 2) Take away USB's and cables connected to your pc (just like listed above), then open up your pc (if you are on a computer, don't open your laptop if you have this problem, then the list above should work.)
Disconnect the cable that is connected to the memory card, wait 10 sec then take it back on. Then connect everyting again and your pc should be working.

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem that started last night. When starting my dv6-1140ez the screen was blank, but I could hear that Windows 7 booted to the login screen. I closed and re-opened the lid and the screen resolution was 1024x768 and the display only used about 2/3 of the screen. I was able to login to Windows and change the resolultion to 1280x800 and everything seemed fine. The next time I restarted my computer, the screen was black again and I had to repeat the above proceedure.

What could be wrong?

HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion DV7 2050ea & have the same symptoms, black screen & flashing LED's.

Have tried the hard reset holding down power button for 30 seconds with battery & other periferals disconnected & still can not get laptop to start.

HP Recommended

My problem was the motherboard. Call your support.

HP Recommended

Please the hard reset you have talked about here does not work on my HP Pavilion dv6868ez Entertainment Notebook-PC.

Please i need your help because i have tried all what u said about pressing and holding down the power button............... but still it does not boot, some one told me the problem is on the mother board and that even if i repair it, the problem will show up again.

please help me

HP Recommended
I have an hp the battery died and the comp turneef itself off a couple times. even though i had it pluged in. i went to redtsrt it and it won't stat. no power no lights nothing just dead.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues with the startup. We can enter the Bios Startup and the screne flashes then goes dark. Can you please help me to resolve this? I'm am online college student and all my information for the whole semester is lost right now, PLEASE HELP

HP Recommended

start up proplem

HP Recommended
Help i have a compaq laptop that won't turn on, i tried the method were you unplug everything and remove the battery but it didnt work plz help!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.