cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dsanto33
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Power on password not working

HP Recommended
Hp ALL IN ONE HP 320
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I cannot get on pass the power on password is there a number. I can put in to reset it? Please help I would be so grateful and it's slightly time sensitive

Danielle
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
GBL84
Level 10
4,161 4,158 563 1,310
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

At the password screen, hit enter 3 times and see if you eceive a 'halt code' - post back with this code.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Dsanto33
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you but no...i had changed it when i was slightly inebriated and forgot what i changed it to.
0 Kudos
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,567 8,026
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dsanto33

To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop???

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

REO

0 Kudos
Dsanto33
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
320 touchsmart all in one pc
0 Kudos
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,567 8,026
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dsanto33

When asked for the password, just hit enter 3 times.

Post any code you receive.

REO

0 Kudos
Dsanto33
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Doesnt do anything. Just looks like a key and thats it
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation