Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Winos!

Try this one E9Y63EA#ABU.

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
HP Recommended

No reply... Probably because there is no solution except for the BIOS update for a Fixed Mode.

Switchable Graphics is a load of bull! Instead of having your iGPU boosting itself with RAM Memory it does with dGPU Memory. That does not mean that your dGPU takes the workload. Therefore games do not work graphically at their full potential and your dGPU is there just as a helping hand - but you pay full price for it, why not use it full time? I cannot believe HP took out any possibility of the user intervening on exclusively what GPU to use! Really stupid desing choice to take away people's ability to choose!

HP Recommended

Winos tell us something about that little progress pls.

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
HP Recommended

I've contacted HP and they said that they know that there is a problem and they are willing to fix it.

They don't know when the update will be released. 

That is all i've got. 

I'm not a programmer but I know how hard it is. So please don't expect that they have a fast solution.

I personally prefer a good and working solution instead of a fast fix with bugs.

Winos.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

Yeah Winos, I believe that it is a difficult job but they have had this exact problem with the pavilion g3, g4, g5, g6 and g7 and some 4 or 5 envy models and it took them a lot of angry customers and 2 years to release something. Now, the HP 470 is released only in June 2013 and seeing how unresponsive they are on their own support forums I really do not trust the competence and/or the willingness of their support team so I am not going to bet my money on them. Plus, HP is a big company that has a big team of engineers that should be ready and able whenever a problem appears. It should not take them so much to respond, at least to give insurance of things being done in the direction of fixing the problem. As far as I am concerned, HP is not a serious company, although I used to think so. I received some negative comments against buying something from them and now I know why.

HP Recommended

My experience with HP is good, I do beleve that they come with an update becouse they know what they are doing.

Based on the email and phone support from HP. *I drove them crazy for support from a 5 year old device and they helped me as good as they could). (This was a driver related problem.)

But on topic again.

I do agree that with some models it went wrong with the videocard drivers. I do not know who made the descission that HP is supporting dual graphics. I think that was a bad choice. However the only thing i can do is waiting for more information from them.

You are free to discuss any notebooks from any brand with me but I don't think that the HP forum is the ideal place.

This forum is meant for as far I know for HP products. If you really want to discuss feel free to send me a PM. I will listen to you but then you have to let me explain why i like HP.

Winos.

&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

I think you have it wrong Winos! The Pavilion and Envy series are also HP laptops! I am not talking about anything else on these forums! And as for your trust that HP will release an update, I am not willing to wait for an unknown amount of time - considering that they have not even bohered with an insurance reply that things are getting done for this thread - and meanwhile I am to be stuck with a laptop that does not meet my requirements/expectations. I think that I will be forced to return it and if that happens you will never see me buying or recommending a HP to anyone ever.

HP Recommended

As i mentioned earlier if you send me a PB we can discuss all brands, all models but you have to let me explain why i go for HP in 95% of my choices.

I totally agree with your point and I think that HP has to bring out an update really fast but i also do know how hard it is te make an update.

If i where in the exact same position as you are now i would returen the laptop. Bot do remember that in all the past 5/6 years there was never a company which brought out updates. At least they brought functional drives but I know that HP is making one.

I'm also a customer and I can't make drivers otherwise i would create them myself.

Sorry that i can't help you.

&

HP Recommended

Do not worry Winos! It's no biggie. 🙂

Plus, I came on these forums to search for HP support and the only one that offered help was you and not them. Because of that and the fact they have had this exact problem with other models and not thought of preventing that to happen further has severely downgraded my opinion of them. As you, I used to hold them in high regards but after this experience my stance towards them has changed and it is not about their products, which are good (I would love nothing more than to know that an update is on the way and I can keep my laptop - I really like it, that is why I bought it in the first place!) but the lack of respons in support issues is dissapointing.

That is the reason I came to dislike them right now. Maybe in the future my opinion will change but right now this experience left my with a sour taste. 😞

HP Recommended

Expert Day is TODAY!

So,any statement from experts??

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.