Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I got a tedious problem with the battery of my 8 month new HP ProBook laptop not charging and this since ±4 months.

The pc is mainly on grid current but the battery charging monitor showed  always something like for example 95% or 97%  and also always 'Battery not charging' instead of 100% fully charged as it should be.

The battery test said: Primary battery OK

I suspected a software problem

Removing the Microsoft ACPI battery driver via Control Panel did not help after reboot, same problem.

There had been some BIOS updates, I knew and I searched for a method to go back to the original BIOS

So I tried out: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS

First I had unplugged the power adapter for 1/2 hour to discharge the battery to ±85% level.

The restore program asked at certain point also for allowing 'Unrestricted BIOS rollback' which I did.

And suddenly I saw that the battery was charging again and the charging level increased also steadily to 100% fully charged.

The problem was solved apparently.

Probably I got a not perfectly suited BIOS update and that must be at the origin of the not charging problem.

The current System-BIOS version is N78 Ver. 01.15

I made also a backup of the BIOS on a USB flash drive which gave after unzip a ROM file of 16,384 kB

I had already earlier created successfully a web case ticket for the same problem and after following all the instructions the problem was solved but not permanently and the same problem reappeared after a certain time.

Now it's solved permanently I hope.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.