cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Skoda3
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Problem with recovery HP Stream 11

HP Recommended
Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Due to some problems after the latest Win 10 update, I decided to try recovery, and after reaching 100 %, I see a blue screen(of death):  The following configuration change was requested for this computer's Trusted Platform Module(TPM)

Clear TPM....  Press F1 to accept or F2 to reject..   I pressed F1, and hear a beep, but nothing happens.  I chatted with HP, who told me my software warranty expired 1 day ago, and I must pay for flash drive for $49.00!!! Can anyone here help me?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 312
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you don't want to buy the recovery media, you can install Windows 10 fresh using the downloadable install image from Microsoft, instructions are here.

0 Kudos
Skoda3
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the speedy reply Professor, however the HP tech believes my operating system has been corrupted, indicated by the blue window that I referred to in the original post. Perhaps the recovery partition is gone as well. I'm an engineer, just not a software engineer.  At this point I'm clueless.  Thanks for your help.

Regards

0 Kudos
kyle_b
Level 10
1,591 1,581 133 312
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The fresh install will not require a recovery partition and the disk will be wiped clean along with any corruption.

0 Kudos
Skoda3
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Kyle, I'll do what you recommend,  many thanks!

Regards

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation