Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 6360b

Hello fellow HP users,

Since a short time I am the owner of a Probook 6360B with SN [Personal Information Removed].

The BIOS however is missing the SN & UUID.

Since the waranty period ended in 2014, I won't be able to send it back to HP for support (well, i am, for a whooping €300,- - Cheaper to buy new notebook!).

I already found a program online (http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/49497-HP-Probook-Elitebook-BIOS-Password-Reset-Utility) which will allow me to add the missing data to the bios, but it doesn't work so far since i need to know the UUID of this laptop to.

It's actually for resetting the BIOS PW, but also seems to be able to add important data like the SN / UUID to the bios

Cant seem to find it anywhere (bios is really empty, missing everything).

Does anyone have a clue how to find the proper UUID, or can i just make an UUID up (probably not)?

Already called with HP support, but they won't tell me how to find it since they want me to send it for repair and charge €300,- for putting 2 lines of code in te bios....

Hopefully anyone can help me out, it's kind of an anoying message when booting.

Kind Regards,

Tim Ligtvoet

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

To have missing SN and UUID seems that someone replace the mainboard of the unit.

Those tools that you need is Hard to find exept if you are HP authorize Center. 

HP Recommended

TL87.

If it is the program I'm thinking there should be the option to reset the UUID after next boot.

See if you can find that option.

REO

I must inform you that these services are not endorsed by HP, and that HP is not responsible for any damage that may arise to your system by using these services. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk.

HP Recommended

TL.

I was just working on a different model and found this.

UUID.jpg

The UUID can be found on the memory slots.

It is a combination of the UUID and the MAC ID.

The UUID + the MAC ID = the 32 digits needed for the main original UUID."20 + 12 = 32"

Hope this helps.

REO

HP Recommended

hold F1 during startup port. It will be listed there.To get the UUID,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.