Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq 8000 Elite Ultra-Slim
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have  HP Compaq  8000 Elite Ultra-Slim PC with 2 X 2GB modules of RAM M471B5673FH0-CH9  installed.

I want to upgrade my memory to 8GB in total, but cant find compatible modules.

Current configuration of my PC:

DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)

DIMM1: Samsung M471B5673FH0-CH9  

2 ГБ DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 МГц) (8-8-8-22 @ 609 МГц) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 МГц) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 МГц) (5-5-5-14 @ 380 МГц)

Video: Intel(R) Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (1814142 КБ)

IDE controller: Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller

Can anyone help me to find compatible RAM modules?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sure.

The mamimum supported is 16GB

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-compaq-8000-elite-convertible-mi...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dear Provost,

we have Ultra slim desktop, not convertible minitower.

I have used crutial website, but reccomended slots are not available in my country.

HP Recommended

@Rinsevych wrote:

Dear Provost,

we have Ultra slim desktop, not convertible minitower.

I have used crutial website, but reccomended slots are not available in my country.

The  Ultra slim desktop is just the PC case. The motherboard is the same. See the chipset listed in the advertizement.

You did not state the country that you live in. I  have no idea where as you still have not said that. You must know it is difficult to help siomeone if you have a blindfold on.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi:

The 8000 Elite USDT uses notebook memory and hard drive hardware.

It is not just in a smaller box than the CMT or SFF, and it uses an external power supply like a notebook PC does.

Here is the link to the quickspecs...for the specific memory info and type, see page 10. 

The maximum memory that can be installed in the USDT is 2 x 4 GB (8 GB total).

http://www.levnapc.cz/ProductsFiles/HP-8000-Elite-prirucka-en.pdf

I recommend you get PC3-10600 notebook memory that has 8 little black chips on each side of the memory board, not 4 and it must be 1.5V, not 1.35 V.

This particular brand and catalog number should work if you can get it where you live...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231342

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.