Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can it support 6gb of ram.One of 2gb and other of 4gb.

And also i wanted to know as you are specifying it suppports 1333-MHz of ram but when i checked my system's ram-the pre-installed one is of 1600 Mhz of adata company.

So now if i will put one of different MHz will there be any problem.

MY model no is hp pavallion g4 1303 au

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

HI.

Your computer Supports up to 8192 GB of RAM system DDR3 / 1333-MHz
Regardless of how you put the modules ie 4 X 4 = 8GB that would work in dual channel for the same amount in GB, it is possible to place 4 X 2 = 6GB but this way you will work in single chanel, on the Mhz this would not be A problem of incompatibility, but it will work to the chip that less Mhz has, according to the manual is to 1333, as I say you can place one of 1600 Mhz but it will not reach this amount, this also marks the motherboard.

Manual Service:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03137358

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

So according to you if i place one of 2gb(1600 Mhz) and other of 4gb(1333Mhz) then it will work in single channel mode. Does it mean only 4gb will work becuase it will be of lower frequency?

HP Recommended

@sajal_22 wrote:

So according to you if i place one of 2gb(1600 Mhz) and other of 4gb(1333Mhz) then it will work in single channel mode. Does it mean only 4gb will work becuase it will be of lower frequency?

So, for dual mode to work a chip with the same GB is required, on the frequency it will run at 1333 Mhz always at the lowest when they are mixed between two different.

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

Can i put single ram of 6gb or 8gb of 1333Mhz.Will that work fine?

HP Recommended

sajal_22 escribió:

¿Puedo poner un solo carnero de 6 GB u 8 GB de 1333Mhz.Will que funciona bien?

If the motherboard supports 8 GB, you can place a chip in any slot.

HP Recommended
Ok it will work well
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.