I have been having Random BSOD since i bought the laptop.. i tried almost everything.. formatted the HDD... downgraded from win 10 to win 8.... returned back to win 10... tried running with AC power only.. removed a RAM stick out of 2...... windows is updated... my drivers are all up to date from the HP website... and i don't think i have bad RAM as my memory diagnostics using memtest86 didn't detect any problems... BSOd occurs especially while gaming...
Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
As I understand the computer gets a blue screen error, However, since you haven’t captured the error code or message, I would request you to follow the below steps to capture and reply back with the error message/code to identify the issue and find a permanent fix:
* In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.
* In the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
* Under System Failure, remove the check mark next to automatically restart, and then click OK.
* Restart the computer to apply the change.
* The computer no longer restarts automatically when a blue screen error occurs.