Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
I, too, have a Pavilion which is displaying this behavior after the Windows Creator Update.
But I didn't have success using your procedure. Here's what I found:
1. Clean boot: Get restart notice for "HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor"
2. Uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard.
3. Reboot: Restart notice *still* remains.
4. Download and install HP 3D DriveGuard using your link.
5. Reboot: Restart notice persists.
Should there be an extra step in there? Another app using the sensor as well, or a driver issue?
Never even heard of this thing until this update. HP Support Assistant no help. 😠
Thanks for your assistance, DPK.
Open the Windows Control Panel, select Programs and Features, right click the entry for the HP 3D DriveGuard, and select Uninstall.
When this has completed, restart the notebook.
When you are at the Windows desktop, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link, and restart the PC.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community