Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @mikapadia

Sounds like there is an issue with the HDD. If a memory modules are not fully seated, it can cause computing and performance problems. These problems can be resolved by removing and reseating the memory modules.

If that does not help try to shut the computer down completely.

1.Turn on the computer and immediately press the F8 key repeatedly until the startup menu displays.

2.From the Advanced Boot Options menu, select Safe Mode with command prompt , and then press Enter .

Does it load?  If yes, try a system restore from there.

No, You need to take the Notebook to the a repair center.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi @mikapadia 

I understand that your notebook is switching off whenever you try to start it.

I would start with these, to test your power adapter. Try a different power outlet, or try a direct to wall connection if you are using a surge protector. Also if you have one try a different power adapter and see if there is any change.

Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter

Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)

Computer does not start (Windows 😎

Let me know if this helps or points to the problem.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
noo issue of power supply or battry
HP Recommended

@mikapadia 

Did you try the last process one for  the computer does not start?

Are there any error messages or repeating patterns of flashing LEDs?

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

no its working perfecfine on bios even system test runs for hours and pass. but still switch off when i try to boot 

HP Recommended

no HP official service center here in pakistan that is the real big problem i wonder if it runs perfectly on bios den y it doesnt boot if board, processor,hardrisk,ram check is clear.

HP Recommended

@mikapadia 

So you tried the hard reset, and you looked at the process on the page for when the computer locks up at the HP logo, and there are no error messages at all or flashing LEDs. But you can run diagnostic tests for hours without it restarting.

That would tend to rule out a heat problem as well, if it can run as you say for a long time doing testing.

Have you tried reseating the memory modules?

Also I would recommend making a backup of the data on the system's hard drive and then trying a system recovery.

Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 😎
Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems (Windows 😎

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
how to do a hard reset on hp envy m6 k025dx becoz I tried to reset by pressing power for 10 secs but it does not reset and might b a heat prob bcoz the fan is working its full speed as I start my pc. I thinks its sensing the heat even its not heating but it senses heat and shuts down. so what do I do for this heatup prob I tried to clean the ventilator and and tried to clean the board after removing system processor fan dere is no dust inside. and what do u mean by reseating memory module ?
HP Recommended

plz reply for any solution.

HP Recommended

@mikapadia 

See the following:

Perform a hard reset

If the computer suddenly fails to startup properly, perform a hard reset as the first action. Performing the hard reset will correct many problems. If the computer still does not start properly, select your symptom from the list below to guide you to the recommended corrective actions.
  1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and SD media cards.
  2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds to drain all residual power and restore default startup settings
  3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not insert the battery), press the Power button, look for glowing lights near the caps lock and num lock keys, and listen for sounds of a fan or other moving parts turning. If the computer starts normally after performing a hard reset, you are done troubleshooting.

If the battery is not easily removable... Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset

Or you can use the instructions in the service manual below on how to remove the battery and then follow the normal hard reset method.

Also see the service manual below for how to remove and replace the memory modules safely. (on page 47 of 96 in the pdf file)   HP ENVY m6 Sleekbook HP ENVY Touchsmart m6 SleekBook HP ENVY TouchSmart m6 Ultrabook - Maintenance a...

Hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.