Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hopefully I can receive some help as well. 

The arm screen hinges on my HP Envy m6 on both sides have completely removed themselves out of the bottom casing.  The laptop has not been dropped or slammed. The problem started small, but worsened over time from what I'm assuming is because of just opening and closing the laptop screen. Luckily my screen is still intact, but I cannot close my laptop completely. 

I purchased this laptop some time ago, so it's well and out of warranty for sure, but I would like to inquire on information about an official repair. I have priced computer repair shops around me, but they seem to only offer temporary solutions, such as gluing the hinges back into the casing. 

Because of this being a common problem amoungst Envy users, what solutions does HP offer to me with the computer's warranty being expired?

I too, look forward to your response and thank you in advanced.

R. Williams

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JuyWeOxy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

I Work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.