Note on archived topics.
04-17-2017 08:18 AM - edited 04-17-2017 08:35 AM
. Good day.:) A very warm welcome to you. I came across the post regarding missing touchpad drivers. I will be delighted to assist you with this.
Commendable description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. :) Thanks for doing business with HP.I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. :)
- Have you checked in device manager if the touchpad drivers are installed?
- Please let me know the complete model# of the notebook and the operating system installed.
- Does the touchpad work correctly?
- For a start please check in device manager if the touchpad drivers are installed correctly. Steps to do it:
- Right-click on start>click on device manager>Mice and other pointing devices> check for Synaptics touchpad driver or touchpad drivers.
- If it is installed, left click on it and right click on uninstall. Then restart the computer.
- Your touchpad should work now.
- If you want to update the touchpad drivers please visit this link: http://hp.com/drivers
- Please select the country and type the product# of the computer. Then follow the on-screen instructions to update the bios, chipset and touchpad drivers.
- Then the touchpad drivers would be installed correctly. Check again in device manager. If it is installed correctly, then there should be no cause for concern.
- Please check if the touchpad works correctly.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. :) Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. :)
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. :)
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. :)
I am an HP Employee