Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I HAVE A HP ELITEBOOK 8470P  THAT IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE WINDOWS 7/8/10 64 BIT.  INTEL i7  keeps telling me to come to this link and it wont let me open anything on my note book.  It was working before but now all i get is this. It was reburished with Microsoft Office  software..accompied by a new COA  [Personal Information Removed]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MICZTER wrote:

I HAVE A HP ELITEBOOK 8470P  THAT IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE WINDOWS 7/8/10 64 BIT.  INTEL i7  keeps telling me to come to this link and it wont let me open anything on my note book.  It was working before but now all i get is this. It was reburished with Microsoft Office  software..accompied by a new COA  [Personal Information Removed]

Hello,

Thank you for posting. Welcome to the HP Support forum.

It asks you to go to > www.hp.com/go/techcenter/pcdiags

because there is either a hardware problem or the BIOS is configured incorrectly.

Would you be able to clarify few things:

- what is the Windows version you are running - Win 7, 8, 10 is not very commont - which one of them all ?

- did you perform any hardware or software changes recently, any updates ? What were you doing when it failed and stopped working ?

- Can you perform a hardware diagnostics / scans to check the hardware for errors:

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics (or press the respecitve F button for diagnostics).

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD and RAM check (hard disk drive and memory checks)

Let me know the test results.

Looking forward to your reply. 🙂

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.