cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MICZTER
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Re: pc is telling me to visit : www.hp.com/go/techcenter/PCD i ags

HP Recommended

I HAVE A HP ELITEBOOK 8470P  THAT IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE WINDOWS 7/8/10 64 BIT.  INTEL i7  keeps telling me to come to this link and it wont let me open anything on my note book.  It was working before but now all i get is this. It was reburished with Microsoft Office  software..accompied by a new COA  [Personal Information Removed]

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
9,962 9,858 796 3,831
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@MICZTER wrote:

I HAVE A HP ELITEBOOK 8470P  THAT IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE WINDOWS 7/8/10 64 BIT.  INTEL i7  keeps telling me to come to this link and it wont let me open anything on my note book.  It was working before but now all i get is this. It was reburished with Microsoft Office  software..accompied by a new COA  [Personal Information Removed]

Hello,

Thank you for posting. Welcome to the HP Support forum.

It asks you to go to > www.hp.com/go/techcenter/pcdiags

because there is either a hardware problem or the BIOS is configured incorrectly.

Would you be able to clarify few things:

- what is the Windows version you are running - Win 7, 8, 10 is not very commont - which one of them all ?

- did you perform any hardware or software changes recently, any updates ? What were you doing when it failed and stopped working ?

- Can you perform a hardware diagnostics / scans to check the hardware for errors:

1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open a HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics (or press the respecitve F button for diagnostics).

Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD and RAM check (hard disk drive and memory checks)

Let me know the test results.

Looking forward to your reply. 🙂

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation