Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 11-k130tu

the following message shows up when I start my laptop.

Recovery

your pc coudn't start properly. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

error code: 0x0000225.

I haven't been given any backup recovery data when I purchased this device.

Anyone can help will be great support.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SalSing,

Have you made any changes to your computer recently?

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Disconnect all external devices except mouse and keyboard and check if it helps.

Method 2: Perform Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) and check if it helps.

a)  Insert the Windows 7 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.
b)  Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.
c)  Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next. 
d)  Click Repair your computer.
e)  In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next.
f)  At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.
g) Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
h)  In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Refer the following link for more information:
What are the system recovery options in Windows 7

To know more about “Startup Repair” visit the following link:
Startup Repair frequently asked questions

Method 3: Use the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) to run System Restore and check if it helps.

a) Insert the Windows 7 installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer.
b)  Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.
c)  Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next.
d)  Click Repair your computer.
e)  In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next
f)  At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on System Restore.
g)  Follow the System Restore Wizard instruction as usual and choose the appropriate restore point.
h)  Click Finish to restore the system.

#HPExpertDay

I hope that answers your question. 🙂

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

HP Recommended

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

According to the error message you have posted I suspect there could be a hardware issue with your Notebook

It could be possible that the Hard Drive on the Notebook could be corrupted or it might have bad sectors

Please perform the Steps as shown below:-

1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook

2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu

3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab

4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory

Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages

Please click on the link shown below to find the steps involved in performing a Hard Drive Test

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Hi Shwetha

Thanks for help but I can not find the hard disk drive and memory options to run the test as suggested by tapping f10.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.