Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

unfortunately i've wrongly install HP Protect Tool Manager 2.00 at my Laptop compaq nx6330.

How do i, can uninstall it from my laptop because windows detected it's not compatoble with Win7.

Everytime i start or restart my laptop there is a warn "windows detected uncompatible program potect tool manager"

i have tried many time to uninstall the program (protect tool manager) but there is an error show from the list manager.

Loading :

C:\user\eusoft~1\AppData\Local\Temp\06130A3D-AA78- - - -- - -- - -- - - - - - HPQN (T.DLL Failed)

Loading: HPQNT Failed. The softpaq file may be corrupted. Download the latest softpaq and try again.

I cant solve the error, please any body help me.

Please Help me how can i uninstall it from my laptop.

Thank you for your help.

Nick Eusoft

Administrative Tools

HP Recommended

@Eusoft

Hi,

Restore you system to this point when HP Protect Tool Manager 2.00 was not installed in your system.

Resource:

How to Do a System Restore in Windows 7

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Did you ever get this fixed?  I am getting the same file missing errors and can't get rid of them.

HP Recommended

I have just bought a new probook 5220 win 7 home 64 bit . it has hp protect . I made the mistake of opening it and now the logon at startup often fails .  I would just like to escape fro using ANY password / stop hp protect    HOW?????

HP Recommended

Any news on how to remove this communist microsoft-esqe product? I bought your hardware, I do not want your intrusive, aggravating software!!!

This crap program was operational when i bought my new Probook.  I have "de-activated" the password manager in the only place i could find it, but I still get that intrusive shield that blocks part of my login screen info.  I DO NOT want ANY PART of this BS program.  How do I remove it without killing my laptop?

HP has made great hardware for many years.  Either stick to it, or give me the option of not using this junk.  This whole issue has turned into the old Microsoft / IE experience, and you don't even make the OS, so there is no excuse for this.

HP Recommended

I'm also interested in removing HP ProtectTools. My problem is that I can create new user on my system (Win 7 Pro 64-bit), but cannot set password for that account because no matter what I type, Windows reply with "the password does not meet password policy requirements".

Password policy is disabled, of course. My colleague has identical system (hardware + software) with the exception of not using HP ProtectTools Security Manager (he probably removed it immediatelly after starting up his new system several months ago) and has no problems with new accounts.

I tried to remove HP ProtectTools Security Manager but the uninstall throws Error 1001.

HP Recommended

I have a ProBook 4525s. I can not un-install the HP ProtectTools. I also get a 1001 error. It has taken me nearly 5 hours of wasted time. I build computers for a living. I am outraged at this malware infestation you insist on users.

I am ready to format the hard disk and buy a copy of win7 off the shelf. Except you don't get off as lightly as that - seeing

as I just paid for a version of it through HP. So........

I have windows 7 professional 64-bit (which is not even listed on the site for my model - when you eventually do find

the site that is- to download updates or drivers).

I do not want any HP software on this machine.

How do I get rid of it please?

Your previous instructions do not work with this model.

Thankyou.

HP Recommended

I got the same problem and I concluded that HP Protect Tools is a virus:
- It is installed on your system
- It consumes resources without knowing what it is doing
- It refuses to be uninstalled

HP Recommended

Agreed, after hoping for death trying to remove this crap, we ended up reformatting.

HP is off our reccomend list for hardware. From the results of my Googling, this is a common sentiment related to Hp "Protect" Tools.

HP Recommended

I have a school with ProBook 4510s(no fingerprint reader)-ProTectTools took over my Novell Gina login? Removed all the protecttools and lost my soundmax audio? Any idea's why?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.