Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It works to avoid losing your data or damaging your system, but it's not a real solution...  Leaving your computer on all day and preventing it from sleeping, hibernating, or shutting down is far from ideal from an energy perspective or for the computer's long-term health.

Thanks for the tip mjma!  But of course we still need a permanent fix from HP/Microsoft/Intel.

HP Recommended

Hi guys! I have had the exact same issue after updating to Windows 10, about an hour ago I got done with HP Support Chat, they remote controlled my computer and upgraded my BIOS, and now I have had no issues what so ever. I'm hoping that this is the end to all of these issues. If the issue resurfaces again, I'll post here first!

HP Recommended

@ svm2805: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Synaptics driver did not solve either issue unfortunately.

HP Recommended

I do Confirm that the steps mentioned in mjma's post is working fine ! now  my laptop can sleep and no need to reboot it everytime.

Thanks mjma!! 

HP Recommended

I applied the steps in mjma post (I created a new power plan). I confirm that it is working fine.
Thanks mjma for your post!

HP Recommended

Would someone be able to show me how to update the BIOS like mentioned a couple of posts above as I would like a permanent fix to this not a workaround or temporary fix like the power plan one mentioned before.

HP Recommended
You can download the latest BIOS update for your computer model from the HP support website... but at least in the case of the Envy x360, it doesn't list Windows 10 compatibility as of yet, and reinstalling it did not fix the issue for me.

Seems like we're waiting on a driver update.
HP Recommended

The HP Support Technician downloaded a Windows 8.1 BIOS update which made NO absolute sense to me, but it worked, so I guess thats all that matters. I asked him/her if they have been seeing this issue a lot now, and he/she said they have not but their collegues have, and this is what they did and it fixed it, so it seems to be a good plan!

HP Recommended
Where did you get that bios update? Just from hps website? Is it something you can do easily from home or requires some advanced knowledge?

Thanks
HP Recommended

You can find the latest BIOS update for your computer model here:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

It's a standard .exe install file that will automatically run the update after a restart.

The one thing I find puzzling for the Envy x360 is that versions "F.06" and "F.26 A" are both listed as current.  F.26 A is actually the latest version, but reinstalling it (I already had it up to date when I upgraded to Windows 10) did not fix the problem for me.  I'm almost tempted to try reverting to F.06, but I'm hesitant to go back to an older version.  I wonder if there's a reason they list F.06 among the current downloads...

Has anyone with an Envy x360 been on the phone with customer support while they updated the BIOS?  If so, can you confirm which version they used?

Additionally, has anyone who's had customer support attempt to resolve this issue via a BIOS update confirmed that the issue remains resolved over multiple days and after various means of sleeping and shutting down?  It seems a lot of these "solutions" end up only working temporarily or intermittently.

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.