Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have just spoken to HP Customer Support as my laptop is under warranty.

Everyone is assuming HP will create a fix for this…

I am actually appalled at their response.

They do not want to know and are re-directing people to speak to Microsoft on (UK) 0344 800 2400 to report the issues to them.

She also told me that she would not recommend downloading Windows 10 until Microsoft have ironed out the bugs and gremlins!

I pointed out how this was a problem reported with HP laptops during BETA Testing of Windows 10 in April 2014 – and still she didn’t want to know.

I also mentioned the endless posts from others on this forum, and still ‘nothing’

The final response by HP customer service was to return my laptop back to where I bought it from and report it to them!

I can see PC World loving that!

HP Recommended

That is what I'm afraid of. They are just going to start saying that is someone's fault and no one is going to do anything until the situation becomes impossible with millions of users having the same issue.

I am going to give HP and Windows a chance since this is my third HP, if they can't handle this problem within some reasonable time (a month or so) I will sell it and get something else. They can't just ignore such a big bug.

I will email, and call HP today and get more requests in for this problem.

People keep up the good work and  keep posting if you can find a good solution or fix. We all appreciate it

HP Recommended

I called Microsoft, and got cut off 5 times as they are too busy!

Absolute sodding joke!

HP Recommended

Don't waste your time with that, don't call them! I'm sure they will tell you to call HP support. 😉

HP Recommended

And HP support will tell you to go to Windows :OpenSmile:  . I think the only way to get into someone that can really escalate this, it's to find someone in HP that really cares and is a true proffesional and that will be willing to redirect you to a manager or someone within top level management

HP Recommended

Maybe the only way this will get addressed is if people at HP experience these same problems with their own personal laptops. Unfortunately, because they are acutely aware of their company's customer support, most of them probably own laptops made by a competitor.

HP Recommended

Can't someone from the support in this forum just tell us something, no matter what? I think from the beginning of the problem noone from the support has ever told us a word. I think those people are here for that, i'm i right? You may lose a lot of customers in that way! 

HP Recommended

I don't think HP has a solution and that is why they cannot give us a for sure solution. Today I'm going to HP and I'm going to talk to a manager and not stop asking for their supervisor until I have a pernament solution, I'm honestly pissed and I will report back here when I find a solution! 😄

HP Recommended

I opened HP support assistant and installed these updates:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 

Hp simple pass identity protection software

And I dont have the problem with sleep anymore. I've tryed to open-close the lid a few times and the sleep just works fine.

HP Recommended

@qwerty228 wrote:

I opened HP support assistant and installed these updates:

Realtek HD Audio Driver 

Hp simple pass identity protection software

And I dont have the problem with sleep anymore. I've tryed to open-close the lid a few times and the sleep just works fine.

It doesn't make any sense to be from this updates. I have them from the beginning.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.