Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ prettyfancy: Glad that solution worked for you!  Yeah, it really ought to show as an update in HP Support Assistant and/or Windows Update.

HP Recommended

Synaptics settings I am facing same problem

HP Recommended

It did fix it for me but after a few hours use when the PC has been on same issue so i dont belive its a fix a all just the testing has been done shortly after bootup.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue after upgrading my HP Envy to Windows 10.

I tried the following and it worked!

Override SRVNET

Simply override SRVNET in the operating system. This means that even if there are remote connections to the computer, they will simply be overridden and the computer will be allowed to sleep. This basically allows the computer to sleep with remote opens on the system.

You’ll need to open an administrative command prompt and type in the following command:

powercfg /requestsoverride DRIVER srvnet System

requests override

Your computer should definitely go to sleep at this point if nothing else worked! The command should not cause any issues with your computer, but if you do find something is amiss, you can undo the above command with the following:

powercfg /requestsoverride DRIVER srvnet

Hopefully this guide will fix the issue for most users. Enjoy!

Source http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-8/fix-windows-8-1-will-sleep/

HP Recommended

If I'm not mistaken, the above suggestion regarding srvnet only applies to the computer going to sleep automatically--such as after a period of inactivity. I don't believe that has anything to do with the problem of the machine not sleeping when the lid is closed, power button pressed, or sleep clicked in the menu.

Remember, anyone trying these solutions, please try to sleep/wake numerous times under varying conditions before declaring that the problem is solved.

We still need a solution.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

My problem solved

HP Recommended

I'm so pissed at this problem that I'm considering going back to Windows 8 or 7. I always leave my computer "sleep" and now everytime I try, it is a lotto to see if I will lose everything I was working on or not. 

I tried every solution in this post and they didn't work for me so I am completely lost. Anyone know if we shoudl send HP and email or a way to contact them? By sending them the link to this thread they will be able to see that is getting a really common problem and they might want to start trying to fix it.

And please, if you can find an answer post it, for those that are not great at computers and troubleshooting you are our heroes! 

HP Recommended

I have been tring for three days to find a solution.

Changing the minimum processor time (Power options) from 5% to 100 percent helped me. My laptop is doing fine right now.

HP Recommended

How do you do this?

HP Recommended

Power options>> Change plan settings >>> Change advanced power settings >>Scrool down to processor power management>>> minimum processsor state >> defaut 5% I make it 100%

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.