Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
And how reassuring to see HP caring about its customers. Looks like they really scope the forums of current problems and respond with even the slightest of help or comfort. 😐
HP Recommended

@DiarrheaDream Shutting down is not an option either -- because this problem effects that too!!!

HP Recommended

Hi Folks,

I contacted HP regarding the same issue in my laptop. They said that they will upgrade all the drivers soon.

On other side my laptop is a ble to sleep and wakeup  normaly for more than one day by doing the following:

I created new power plan and I revised the settings as the following:

1. Turn off the Display ( NEVER) on battery and plugged

2. Put the computer to sleep ( NEVER) on battery and plugged

3. Change advanced power sttings to the following:

Sleep after (NEVER) on on battery and plugged

Hybrid sleep (NEVER) on battery and plugged

Hibernate (NEVER) on battery and plugged

Allow wake times (never) on battery and plugged

USB selective suspend setting ( DISABLED ) on battery and plugged

Intellgraphic power plan  ( MAXIMUM ) on battery and plugged

PCI Express >> Link state power management ( MAXIMUM) on battery and plugged

4.Power buttons and lid >>> lid close action (DO NOTHING) on battery and plugged

>>> Power button action (DO NOTHING) on battery and plugged 

(Actually  the whole problem is in step #4. After doing all the previous steps, if you try to change the lid close action to sleep then your laptop will not enter the sleep mode.)

5. REBOOT The system

Untitled-1.png

Now I can send my computer to sleep mode by clicking sleep in start menu then I close the lid. It is better than rebooting every time. It seems to me that the diplay adapter driver is not compatible with Windows 10 and it is not functioning well. So it is better to keep it out of the time circle.

Hopefully this could help temporarily till we hear back  from HP regarding the new drivers

HP Recommended

@ mjma: Thanks for the info!  Those screenshots aren't displaying properly though.

HP Recommended
Yes, thank you very much for that information. I agree that those pictures are not being displayed properly. Can you fix them? It would be awesome.

Thanks! And let's hope hp starts doing something about this cause it seems that we are the only ones fixing it.
HP Recommended

Don't you guys feel that it is a problem related to the Synaptics mouse pad ? i feel that the driver is the problem because everytime we do a restart it reverts the settings that was set to the mouse pad, i am having the same problem and it is pissing me off, sometime the sleep option works like a charm and sometimes it doesn't! I have tried every single solution you have posted and nothing has worked until now.

HP Recommended

Try to uninstall touchpad driver and report back, anyone? I do not feel like messing with this untill tomorrow...

HP Recommended
Oh I've yet had the chance to shut it down through start since I test to see if the sleep works and it never does 😞 hard shut off which makes me cry every time

And I'm glad to hear that HP is aware of the problem and fixing it ❤
HP Recommended

I also want to know this, as I have the exact same issue. The sleep/shut down error and also synaptics touchpad settings not saving themselves either. So annoying!

Pleeeeease HP get a fix out for this ASAP.

HP Recommended

I applied the above steps (created a new power plan, etc.) and I can confirm that it did work. Beats rebooting!
Thanks for the tip!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.