Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  What do I do?

HP Recommended

Solution is here!

Hi fiends, i have been get into forum when i got same common problem of HP laptops. i had same problem dv4. i wasted time to find any solution of led blinking with no display according to hp diagnostic led blink code there is problem mentioned. but my question was in my mind why all peoples have same repeating problem. even pressing power button out of battery and adaptor not works. and i am so happy to here in forum because it was same dv4 which was problem

Hp have only solution to replace hardware or motherboard and its cost much if you have out of warranty.

To being Laptop technician i find out the actually problem in product and find final solution for if internal motherboard signals/communication barrier occurs, bios sends the fault codes the way led blinks.

Solution:

In Hp products have these common problem because of poor motherboard manufacturing. the laptop heat/ weather / dust effects electronics components easily and caused no display / Led blinking codes.

you need technical skills to repair motherboard.  specific sections specially power supply need to be resolding specially, SMD resistors /  coils etc . this task can be performed easily with the help of hot air soldering station with good quality of flux

sections which are need to be resold, i will upload video very soon.

if you need further assistant, email me at {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

I too got the same blinking light and it appears once in while and hoping that should causes some loose connection in motherboard...

If anybody have any permenant solution 4 that pls do disseminate here

HP Recommended

Tip for diagnose problem:

Note down the blinking rhythm and counts with ram module installed, after without installed. if you found same count \ rhythm its mean your processor is not communication with motherboard MCU or other peripherals and post sends error codes. you may have also blinking continuously without processor installed in.

The only way you can solve this problem by locate charging control chip may be in BGA, and check the all smd resistors around the charging supply also in other section of powersupply with the reference of schematic diagram.  replace the faulty smd components. it is also seems that resistors mostly restored its actually value after resolding by soldering iron or hot air soldering in the.

i do repair motherboards of all brands and noticed HP motherboards have common problem of soldering got resistive by heat effect. and can be solved by resolding.

HP Recommended

kindly check my posts for solution

HP Recommended

Did you ever get a chance to create a video demonstarting the fix?

HP Recommended
Yes I did many cases fixed through this way but sorry I couldint make video yet
HP Recommended
Dear all friends If you looking for real solution, so you need to perform hardware work on. I have experienced to resolve this problem by performed different components area. It is little bit hard task to find out the specific faulty area from whole mother board, but given trick is really works. One u find the faulty area so u can check Pasive components specially residence and fix them by resold or replacement

Tip: apply hot air from hot air solding station passive components or around the chips. You have to select randomly areas but in 2 inches approximate so cover entire mother board and each time done work around 2 inches area, do check by only charger, ram, LCD connector or circuit part where your laptop turns on. once u capture the area of problem do proper resolding or replacent
HP Recommended
Hey, I would love to know if anyone has found any solutions to this problem. I, unfortunately am having the same problem. I also don't understand how to update the BIOS (my computer will blink once then wait and blink again then stop). I've also not been able to get it to any screen it just stays black. Btw I got an HP pavilion dv6-2066dx.
HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.