Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem. it when the battery is bad or does not charge, remove it and boot the pc.  Problem will go away.  You need to replace you battery.  

HP Recommended
My laptop is also flashing and black screen
HP Recommended

KEEP CALM BECAUSE THE WIZARD HAS FOUND THE SOLUTION!!! :generic:

Okay listen up, 

Hard Reset won't fix this.

Memory replacement won't fix this.

Blowing/Cleaning it won't fix this ( although it might need it lol )

Errors are stored on the bios, bios needs to be reset.

How you say? easy, replace the CMOS battery with another one or a new one.

THIS WILL FIX IT!

I AM 99.9% SURE IT WILL!!!

WIZ out!

Please be nice enough to reply if this solved the issue. thank you.

HP Recommended

Just to add to your solution Wizard, if the CMOS battery does not help do an

emergency bios reflash even if the cap and number locks flash 3 times.

My memory slots would not work and the memory controller is on the CPU

so I did the Bios reflash and board came back to life so bad bios can result

in 2 or 3 flashes.

HP Recommended

Hi, can you show me how to do a bios flash? I have a pavilion dv4 with this problem

HP Recommended
Mine was a bad stick of RAM. Remove all the sticks and put one in and see if it boots. If it doesn't try the other. If if boots then you'll know it's that stick of RAM. If it boots after all are placed back in then it most likely just needed to be reset. If that doesn't work try removing the battery and press and hold the power button and then plug it in to diaxhaege the mother board.
HP Recommended
Hi there,

Thank you for responding. Yes, well i knew what the problem was all along, but i didn't want to believe it. And no, unfortunately the ram and CMOS battery are all fine. The board itself was the problem. The problem is in the GPU chip. required a re-flow. I performed a re-flow to the board and got it up and running for almost 3 months with no problem till recent 2 weeks where the gpu gave up again. Wasn't worth a second re-flow so i bought a new board on eBay and called it a day. Found it for $70 NEW.... Pc is working perfectly.
HP Recommended
Apparently, it was really a board problem. The 100% SUREFIX!!!!! SOLUTION i tried and highly suggest is to buy a different brand of laptop.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.