Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP G60t-500 CTO Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Multiple  issues:

- factory installed Windows7 upgraded to Windows10 in 2015 - currently extremely slow laptop, no system restore to factory image as required partition is missing. Although drive 😧 has a flagged recovery partition as per the flagged message there from 2015 - how can this drive be uses for system restore to Windows 7 if it is usable for the purpose?

- F2 on system start up runs basic diags - display of hw config, memeory check test and hard drive test.

- F4 on system reset does NOT work to perform system restore to factory installed image? Is there any F<> command to do so?

- Windows10 reset aborts at 30%, so unsuccessful reset.

- Microsoft does not recognize Windows7 product key to download OS from its website to USB flash drive to restore system, can HP provide the same?

- Latest hw diags (v. 6.3.0.0) install fails (Erro1722) as already 4 partitons on main drive  so required HP_TOOLS partition can not be created. Will hw diags downloaded to USB flash drive work, if so how?

So in nutshell how to get latest Windows10 OR factory installed Windows7 to get best performance from this notebook?

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

You can create your own Windows 10 Recovery drive from within Windows. :generic:

How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Given existing Windows 10 is already troublesome, so making copy of its system image does NOT make sense.

I was also suggested earlier here to do use F11 in startup sequence - that does NOT work also.

I have also tried to upgrade to latest Windows 10 version available from Microsoft site as advised by HP support assitant - unfortinately I have NOT seen any upgrade per se as problem of performance issue presists.

So how to get the asked for help to get rid of the problem - kindly provide only throught through and workable solution/s here - sincerely appreciate every body''s valuable time here - regards !!! 

HP Recommended

Your best option of course would have been to Reset Windows 10 but you stated it did not work.

Or to have created a recovery drive before it was needed. 

Troubleshooting HP Recovery Problems

You can try the "Refresh Windows Tool" to see if you have better luck.

If you know someone with a retail Windows 10 disk of the same version you can re-install Windows 10 using that. It will activate without a product code since it was previously installed and activated.

You can purchase recovery disks from HP or a third party vendor which will re-install the original OS.

Order Recovery Disks from HP [US & Canada]

RestoreDisks.com

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

am Right now I'm in the process of Windows10startFresh option - will let you know if I do succeed.

By the way - if I may ask - will it be too much to ask here for to share a known cleaner version of Windows 10 system image with NO known problems whatsoever. What I am running on my system is given below:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
OS Version: 10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Ranbir
Registered Organization: Hewlett-Packard
Product ID: 00326-10000-00000-AA698
Original Install Date: 10/13/2016, 8:55:34 AM
System Boot Time: 2/20/2017, 8:32:53 PM
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP G60 Notebook PC
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~1200 Mhz
BIOS Version: Hewlett-Packard F.53, 9/11/2009

Also if I may add it will terrific if you will let me know whether it is prudent to go back to factory installed Windows 7 image? Given Microsoft does NOT recognize my Windows 7 installed product key - diverts me to HP. How can one get the complimentary copy from HP and/or other vendor and/or considerate HP support forum community member of Windows 7 os image?

Regret for a list of compelling and "heavy" asking - hope to hear kind, cogent and workable solutions - Sincerely - Ranbir Parmar

HP Recommended

IF your recovery goes well my suggestion is to create a Windows 10 USB Recovery Drive.

That will protect you in the future should you need to re-install a fresh copy of Windows 10.

If none of the options I suggested work to restore Windows 10 then I would suggest that you purchase recovery disks and restore your system to the original Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Dear Associate Professor,  thanks for your intelligent suggestions for the matter so far.

Will keep you posted for the matter.

Given disks are NOT reliable media for the purpose in India. Will you be kind and knowledgeable to suggest where to look for USB flash drive based solutions for Windows 7 Home Premium SP1? Restoredisks.com does NOT have this option - sad smiles !!!

HP Recommended

When purchasing recovery media from HP [USA/Canada] you are asked to choose from CD/DVD/USB.

I suspect it would be the same in your location. Contact HP Worldwide

HP Recommended

Just checked the availability of recovery media in the Software and Drivers section of your models support page. It does not list "recovery media" which means it is no longer available, you will have to purchase through a third party vendor. 

Capture.JPG

"If you cannot find an "Order Recovery Media - CD/DVD/USB" section for your computer model, HP does not have a recovery kit available."   :Crying:

HP Recommended

Dear Associate Professor, sincerely appreciate your diligent follow up for me here.

Windows 10 refresh has not succeeded either - infact in some ways made matter worse - it seems malware/virus keeps making machine more sluggish as one tries more cleaner alternative/s one after another.

I am following up with HP support via email - still waiting to hear from them how/where to get Windows 7 for this model.

I am sure you searched for notebook :  HP G60t-500 CTO PC - serial number is 2CE948DD08.

I will appreciate if you can guide me to find third party vendors for HP products - what I have found out in past even HP support and sales office in my area, throws of their hands even for bigger and better asking/s - scornful smiles !!!

Sincerely regret inconvenience and truly appreciate your valuable time - Ranbir Parmar 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.