cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kst8wildcat01
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Simplepass locked laptop; no password ever created

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm asking this for a friend, and I don't know the exact product  name and number of their laptop. My friend bought his laptop a year or so ago and swears he never set up a Simplepass password or account. Suddenly, out of the blue, when he tries to login using his windows ID it immediately goes to a Simplepass login in area and asks for another (nonexistent)  password. He's not very computer literate so I believe him when he says he never set up a password for Simplepass. I've tried helping him over the phone to no avail. WHY would Simplepass out of the blue lock him out of his computer when he's never used it and has no password for  it? How can he get into his computer when he can't get passed the Simplepass login. 

3 REPLIES 3
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 6,955 428 607
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kst8wildcat01,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to unlock your laptop as it is locked by Simplepass password.

This issue could occur if someone may have set the password.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: http://bitly.com/2nl0Ffk

Disclaimer:
Links to third-party websites are provided for convenience only. HP does not endorse nor support the content of third-party links. HP is not responsible for the content of a third-party website. By clicking on a third-party link, you will leave the HP website. Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by HP. 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kst8wildcat01
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
So the Simplepass password and the Microsoft account password are one and the same?
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 6,955 428 607
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kst8wildcat01,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if the Simplepass password and the Microsoft account password are one and the same.

The solution provided in the previous interaction was just a workaround. Actually, both are different.

You need to login to safe mode and then disable the Simplepass option.

Please follow the link to login to safe mode: Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎

Now go to Control Panel > icon view > Biometric Devices > Change Biometric Settings >

CHECK "Biometrics OFF"  > Save Changes.

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation