Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a pavilion DV7-4270US and recently started occasionally getting this error alternating with 'Disk read error' on startup.

The drive is a Seagate  ST1000LM014 1TB hybrid which I upgraded from the original ST9640320AS 640GB.

The drive completely passed the HP drive diagnostics. I used Seagate DiskWizard to clone the drive back to the 640GB, so I'm covered there.

I downloaded and ran Seagate's SeaToolsDOS Long Test from a bootable CD and once again the drive passed completely.

Except for getting the occasional Smart error or disk read error on boot, the system reboots and runs normally. However, to avoid having to re-clone the drive, while I have use of the computer, I'm making no changes to the drive so functionally I am somewhat limited. 

Are there any other diagnostics I should run?

Are there any other possible causes of these errors, possibly relating to the memory components of a hybrid drive?

HP Recommended

Dear Sir

How are you, i have prob with my pc when i start i find this massage Re Smart Hard Disk Error 301 plz suggest me what i do

thanks

sd

HP Recommended

plz help me

HP Recommended

I call BS. I replaced the drive with a known good drive. Issue persists. I have tested the original drive with Seatools and with HDDRegen. Tests fine. I test it with the HP diagnostics (on both drives) and failed. Windows also reports that the drive is failing.

I hooked the HDD up to another computer, tested fine. I hooked it up to another HP Probook 6570b, and lo and behold, no errors.

I pulled all power and pressed the power button FOUR times for 15 seconds. Returned power to the system: problem persists.

This appears to be a faulty motherboard. Most people don't have the luxury of having a stack of these exact systems in front of them, but as someone who does: you're motherboard is likely what is failing. If you can stand to live with your motherboard being unable to perform the SMART tests, then outside of a few nags, the system will work fine. Try updating the BIOS (next thing I'm going to do). But your hard drive may be fine.

Sorry for the rant, but I was sick of reading the wastebasket diagnoses from these "HP Gurus". It's most likely an issue with the BIOS, or a failing motherboard.

HP Recommended

I was facing error 301 because of my hard drive the hard drive was 1tb now I have installed 300gb hard drive on my hp probook g2 450 does it effect on gamming performance?

HP Recommended

I was facing error 301 because of my hard drive the hard drive was 1tb now I have installed 300gb hard drive on my hp probook g2 450 does it effect on gamming performance?

HP Recommended

On startup my HP Pavilion computer came up with the SMART Hard Disk Error message

I ran the Hard disk Test and got the following message:

Failure ID: 6CW7G4-7RJ89U-MFPWMF-60CG03

PRODUCT ID : T0G38EA#ABF

Hard Drive 1 - Primary HDD Bay*

My laptop just recently came out of warranty and then I got this message

What should I do?

HP Recommended

The hard drive is going to need to be replaced. Any specific instruction about that are going to require that you provide the Model Number, please. 

HP Recommended

Where do I find the model number?

HP Recommended

I did not notice but you tacked on the end of a long post. Please start your own thread. Otherwise this will not get much attention. 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.