Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey All,

I have bought this laptop from US. 

Till now it was working fine and all of a sudden, it has stopped charging. Its all dead and i am unable to turn it on.

How so i figure out the issue. Read a lot of threads on this forum that it is not repairble.

i have spent $1800 on this, and cannot give up just like that. Please help me with a solution.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Please do not be upset, and lets figure out whats wrong with the charging first. 

Firstly try to change the wall socket and, do not use any surge protectors in this process. 

Now remove the battery, if it can be removed, and remove the AC Adapter and the devices connected.

( if battery is not removable, continue without removing it )

Then press the power button for 1 minute and then reinsert the battery, and the charger. 

Check if there is any LED on the charging port. 

If white/amber its charging. 

Now, try to power on the computer. 

Reply back if this helps.

If no LED indicator, the power supply could be bad, else the adapter. 

Check with another charger(if available), if not, you will need to get in touch with HP support. 

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Tried the solution mentioned by you.

I tried with a new charger. It is not working at all. I cannot see LED light turning up for me.

I am trying to get in touch with HP support but no response. 

Followed up this forum and found that it is a known issue by HP team.

Waiting for a permanent fixture to my problem.

HP Recommended

It could be the issue with the power socket. 

The link to get in touch with the chat support will be  : 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA3G42

Else please use the HP support assistant, click on the support tab and start a chat session. 

If there are issues finding the number it will be :  1800-474-6836 

Please note the country is US as default,  you will need to choose the country of purchase of the product, for support options. 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for this.

I shall reach out to them.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.