cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TyZed
Level 2
10 5 2 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Startup / Harddisk Errors

HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6 notebook-6b27nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hp Pavillion Dv6 Notebook PC bought around 2012 Running Windows 7 Home SP1 x86/64-bit. Can post entire model# after a reply. *Advanced user*

A short while ago HP Diagnostics gave an error of a low battery and would shutdown randomly. Understood I likely need a new battery???      Battery Failure ID: 9GAMWM-5RL8KC-QFPH4K-C0B303

A couple months after that likely non-related issue, I get a SMART Harddisk error that will not fix with diagnostics or harddisk scans or resetting through Intels monitoring program.     Harddisk Failure ID: 9GAMWM-5RL8KC-QFPH4K-60F603

Product ID: A1T71UA#ABA

I am not completely sure of the causes but the unit was treated fairly well as far as i am aware.

OS still runs normal (aside from all attempts to re-connect to windowsupdate)

I Just get errors on startup prior to boot and from Intel's monitoring program.

*I appreciate* any input, and would like possible help on the issues before 'jumping' towards information on replacing the harddisk / battery.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 38,155 3,356 11,464
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery and hard drive are usually the first components to fail. Regardless of how much care is taken a battery will eventually start losing capacity and a hard drive will fail. Heat does accelerate the process in both and newer,faster laptops generate a bit of heat.

The Smart error is an early warning of imminent failure. Have you used F2 System Diagnostics to test the hdd?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
TyZed
Author
Level 2
10 5 2 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did use System Diagnostics. Hence the failure ID's. I look forward to a more helpful response. The PC is a Hp Pavilion dv6 notebook-6b27nr. The SATA HDD installed is the Hitachi HTS547575A9E384. Temperatures never got 'out of hand' but it does seem that I need to replace these parts. Maybe there are suggestions for what HDD Models to look for these days that will fit as well in this notebook? Thank You.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation