cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ganeshkumar16
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Stuck in Automatic repair loop

HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-G119DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am not sure about what caused this problem. My suspect is the notebook had got shutdown during autoupdate of the OS, though I am not 100% sure. Upon restart, the system got stuck in automatic repairloop.

I selected F2 and ran extensive tests on Hard drive and memory. Following error appeared on Hard drive Extensive Test.

Hard drive Short DST Check: FAILED

FAILURE ID: 9K7LR0-80P8K8-MFPWLK-60QS03

Kindly help me out on this. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
visruth
Level 15
13,019 12,958 1,699 3,964
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Ganesh,

Hard drive had failed. This is what caused the loop error.

Only solution for this is to replace hard drive with a new one of similar form factor

2.5 inch 7mm/9.5mm thick SATA HDD or SSD

If you're within warranty, HP would replace it free of cost. Contact HP technical support in you're region.

Manual: page 36, 37
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04655191

Specs: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-17-g100-notebook-pc-series/8499304/model/9629691/do...

It's pretty simple to reach HDD bay, carefully open bottom cover - now you'll see it

Use recovery discs/USB that you must have created via HP recovery manager after first setup of this laptop, to factory reset after replacement.
Get at least 250gb drive for recovery media to work.

You can alternatively clean install Wiindows 10 Home edition using Microsoft windows media creation tool by creating bootable installation USB.

Regards

Visruth
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation