Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ronlsaunders Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Touchpad on/off button not working - probook 4540s

Just got a new Probook 4540s and cannot get the on/off function of the touchpad to work.  There is a small dot in the upper left corner of tochpad.  User guide says to double tap it to turn on and off touchpad.  Doesn't work.  I then went to driver download and got the latest synaptics drivers.  Still doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

FIgured it out.  I had disabled the "touch to click" function.  After I enabled it the touchpad on/off button worked as it should.

0 Kudos
tGod Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How you access the "touch to click" function. I have the same problem and finding it very difficult to rectified. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just Google "touch to click windows 7".  That will get you a nuber of articles that give exact instructions.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation