Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (15,297 Views)

Touchpad on/off button not working - probook 4540s

Just got a new Probook 4540s and cannot get the on/off function of the touchpad to work.  There is a small dot in the upper left corner of tochpad.  User guide says to double tap it to turn on and off touchpad.  Doesn't work.  I then went to driver download and got the latest synaptics drivers.  Still doesn't work.  What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 4 (15,283 Views)

Re: Touchpad on/off button not working - probook 4540s

FIgured it out.  I had disabled the "touch to click" function.  After I enabled it the touchpad on/off button worked as it should.

Student
Message 3 of 4 (4,648 Views)

How you access the "touch to click" function. I have the same problem and finding it very difficult to rectified. Thanks.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (4,635 Views)

Just Google "touch to click windows 7".  That will get you a nuber of articles that give exact instructions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation