Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm back....

Not working again.

Anything else you can think of ?

HP Recommended

Hey Fishmort,

I am sorry, Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Fishmort, please update with the outcome of your phone conversation with HP please. Thank you.

-akwungnut
HP Recommended

Was HP able to resolve your issue? Are you still having the touch screen issues? I keep having them, when I boot the computer its a non touch screen then once i reboot its back to being a touch screen. I just dont get it.

Maybe I should take it back and get a Dell or Asus?

-AkWingnut

HP Recommended

Hey Akwingnut,

You could need to install the BIOS update.

If this does not help, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just wanted to give my input on what you recommended. I downloaded the newer BIOS update and followed the directions on how to install it. It required me to install it onto a flash drive and then reboot the device. It failed to see the flash drive and install the update. I googled how to reboot into recovery/bios to see if I could install it that way but it again failed to install. I am not sure what else to do. I will reformat the drive again and retry to install it like the directions say. Its getting really annoying that each time I reboot or startup the machine I have to reboot to get Touch to work.. Its allot of trouble.

-AkWIngnut

HP Recommended

Hello again,

So I had HP do a scan of my notebook to see which model I had. After the scan completed it said I had 15-j023cl which does not show a BIOS update when clicking on the drivers support. I am not sure what you need me to do now except call. I am not sure about keeping this laptop now, I have purchased others and waited thinking the issues I had would get fixed but then never did and so I cannot take it back. So any other suggestsions? Thanks again..

-AkWingnut

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.