Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got this HP Pavilion x360 (the convertible laptop/tablet) last week, and I've been having troubles with the keyboard. On certain websites, such as this one, there is no typing delay. However, on Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Word Online, the characters I'm typing DO NOT appear on the screen at the same time that I'm typing them. It either freezes for a second and then quickly inputs all of what I've typed, or it just takes a few seconds longer for each key I press to show up on the screen. I've checeked to make sure Filterkeys isn't enabled and that no extensions are running in the browser. This happens in both Microsoft Edge and Chrome. 

P.S. when I was registering for an HP support account, I just realized that the @ key and the " are switched. So shift+2 gives me an ", and shift+" gives me an @ sign.

Please help! I really like the computer other than this horrible typing lag. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ soulrider

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion x360 notebook. I understand that there is some issue with the keyboard, and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Please connect an external USB keyboard and check if you are still getting the same issue.
  • Check in Safemode with networking.
  • Re-install Keyboard drivers from device manager.
  1. In device manager right click on keyboard driver, then unstall and restart the computer.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I doubt that it has anything to do with the keyboard itself because I have spent quite a lot of time using WordPad and I havent had any typing lag on there. It is only on the interent in certain text boxes. I have tried using Edge, Chrome, and Opera and the issue is the same across the board. I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard drivers and it changed nothing. I have been having this problem since I got the computer a week ago, so I can't see a restore accomplishing anything, but I did completely reset it and reinstall Windows as well. Nothing has worked.
HP Recommended

@soulrider

Thanks for the reply.

Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.

I request you to contact HP Phone support for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Sandy,

My team supports a loan processing web application. I have had users experience an annoying delay in typing within our application when entering text, as well as when using Sharepoint in the past. The issue fixed itself somehow, dunno, and now it is back for 2 users that have the HP Probook 640 G1 and HP Probook 640 G2.  The laptops had a ton or automated app and driver updates applied on the morning that the users started complaining of the issue. My team is not in the business of laptop support and the obvious answer is turnback the update, but since I don't have the responsibility of desktop support, can you tell what the solution was for your other user in this post having exact same issue so I can hopefully narrow down the task of reversing the updates and isolating exactly which update is causing the issue please? thank you. Hopefully you actually resolved this but you didn't provide any updates so...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.