Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how i download usb flash drive v210w 16gb write protected in your sit with keys

HP Recommended

i have a 16 GB pen drive, i can't format this drive also can't insert data into this drive. apear the message "the disk is write-protected". if any software present , please mail me.  

HP Recommended

try the solution by pkg78

my pendrive had been dead for over 6 months.. and it did magic !!!

Go to

http://www.pny.com.tw/index.php?cls=2&mode=download

Download "USB Flash Driver Format Tool (Ufix-II)", may have to rename the downloaded file to have a .rar extension.

Extract "RecoverTool_V2.00.42_M1223 8CE.exe" from the downloaded file and run.

HP Recommended

BE CAREFUL - THERE IS A TROJAN HORSE IN THIS FILE.

Thanks,

Andre

HP Recommended

disk not showing on control disk

HP Recommended

BUT still its not working.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I'm using HP v210w 16 GB pendrive for the past 1year.. for the past two days I found that my pen drive has locked and write protected. I tried making modification in regedit, used diskpart but no use at all..

Thankfully this forum has helped me. I used "Ufix II" and got removed the write protection from my pendrive..

For all the peoples who are in same trouble, Just try downloading the "Ufix II" (not other version) from the following site

http://www.pny.com.tw/index.php?cls=2&mode=download

100% its working..

Cheers..

Kumaran

HP Recommended

My HP V210W kept saying it was write protected, but there is no write-protect switch on it. I saw various glitched files on it, so felt it was likely a software problem.

I tried the format tools suggested from PNY's site - no good.

I tried an HP flash disk formatter - no good.

Tried downloading the format tool that this guy uploaded to Mediafire, and much to my surprise, it worked perfectly.

Luckily I copied all the files from my flashdrive to my hard drive, before I formatted the flash drive, so now I'm busily reloading them all back to the flash drive.

Honestly, I'm so pleased, that I especially made an account on this site, just to be able to say, 'thank you' to the person who posted the tool, and secondly to recommend to anyone else with the same problem, to try this program out.

It may not work for you, you may have to keep searching for something that does - no guarantees! - but it worked so smoothly for me, and I wanted to share in case it helps anyone else in the future.

You know something? The first file I saved to my newly formatted flashdrive is this format tool program - now, if it ever happens again, all I'll have to do is copy it to my pc, and I should be able to recover without any drama.

Once again, grateful thanks to the guy who posted the program to Mediafire, I'm so pleased!

HP Recommended

Sorry - re my mnessage a few moments ago: I thought my message would be inserted next to the post I was so happy about.

Look for post #14 from RezaFara for more information, and just to confirm, he had uploaded the format tool to:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b64o9xwj1la4f9x

Hope it works for you too.

HP Recommended

Wow. Awesome. tried many ways but this one solved my problem. Thank you so much.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.