Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP X2 DETACHABLE 10-P010NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear All - I have an HP X2 Detachable Laptop - P010NR. Its (sadly) pre-loaded with Windows 10 64bit, with an inbuild memory of 32GB. Windows and their updates have already eaten 25GB of laptop space and gave me reason enough to switchover OS itself.

Now, I have tried - Ubuntu (16.04), Ubuntu Mate (17.10), ElementaryOS, Remix OS (Android), Chrome OS & Linux Mint. They all can be installed on this Laptop but, none of them has working sound/audio. I do not use camera, bluetooth etc. on laptop so they do not hold any relevance. But I have to have working audio. 

It will be a great help if someone kindly suggest workaroud for installing audio drivers for any of the above OS OR an alternate OS with working audio over this PC. I don't care about warranty etc. as its an overseas purchase, not covered in any of the way in my Country.

Kindly also suggest if an USB external sound card can do the trick as they are readily and cheaply available.

Thanks for reading the issue.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04947806 found this dont know if this helps you or not or is what your looking for? 

“Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

The executables that are linked aren't runnable not even trough wine

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.