Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

i have a big prolem and its caused by the same thing (Grapchics Card/Video Card) with the same Notebook Model and its all the games aren't running when i try clicking on the Game Application Icon it doesn't show any thing it just show waiting cursor but no much and that happens with all the games and when i try using HDMI Cable and try switching the monitor using 'Connect to a project' APP on Windows 7 x86 bit it do the same thing it show a Waiting Cursor but no more.... and when i try insatlling the Driver 'AMD Radeon HD 7650M' my Notebook crashed and on sometimes my windws files damages so on everytime that proplem happens iam using Safe Mode with Networking and Doing roll back to this Driver to fix that notebook crash proplem , i know that i must buy a new Notebook but its so hard to buy a new one for me becuase iam a poor Guy please help any suggestion ???? 

Details:-

Notebook Model Name: HP Probook 4540s 

Operating System: Windows 7 x86 bit 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Bumb... please i need some help

HP Recommended

Firstly, learn to paragraph and format your forum posts, its REALLY hard to read and work out what your problem is when you've dropped a whole blab of text that reads like one horrible sentence.

Detail the problem and symptoms, and dot point details and the steps you've taken thus far.

That'll get you help a lot faster.

Anyway, 

Firstly try downloading the the driver again from the ATI website.

You can only get an older driver for it these days, one of the big problems I found with that card is ATi dropped support for it really fast so getting it to work is a pain.

I had a lot of trouble uninstalling and reinstalling this driver aswell.

Uninstall from Programs and Features first, and use the built in uninstall tool .. note that it can take ages for it to finish.

If that fails (ie. after a restart go back to Programs and Features and confirm it's gone) then try uninstalling it in Safe Mode. You may need to try uninstalling it a number of times.

If all that fails you may need to manually remove it.

Note that this is an advanced operation and I'd recommend doing your research before continuing, and I take no responsibility if you screw your laptop up ..

To potentially remove the driver or screw your laptopup you use the pnputil utility to fully remove the video driver.

Information on using it is located here :

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730875(v=ws.11).aspx

I've had to use this a couple times for both ATi and NVidia drivers that self destruct for no apparent reason.

Steps for using pnputil are :

- run open a command prompt as Administrator

- type pnputil -e

- determine the driver from its Driver Package Provider name

- type pnputil -d Oem<num>.inf where <num> is the number of the ATi driver you're looking to get rid of

Restart after it's removed and confirm that the descrete GFX card in Device Manager is coming up as an unknown device or is using a basic Microsoft driver.

At that point use the new driver you downloaded from the ATi site.

I seem to recall I used the Beta driver last time.

Don't install all their Raptor crap, just use the basic driver and Physics system.

Also remember to run the advanced tool and link your games to the descreet card by marking it as Performance.

But just keep in mind that regardless of the driver used most games these days do not support that GFX card and that driver very well. With modern games it's pretty much like the GFX card isn't even in use.

The HP 4540s was a laptop with decent specs that was implemented and supported extremely poorly.

Its great for business use as the RAM and CPU and access to internal devices are great, but for games it's a pig.

Hope this helps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.