cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ksheets402
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Updates interrupted

HP Recommended
6-1111nr
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
My computer hasn't been used in a while and upon booting it up it started installing updates. Apparently the battery (non-removable) is dead because the cord came unplugged and it shut off. Now when it attempts to boot up it shows a blue screen with a sad face and says it encountered an error and will reboot. After restarting it shows a 'preparing automatic repair' page but then just goes black.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
iomare
Level 15
Level 15
11,194 11,134 2,205 4,490
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

do you have an installation disk for windows 8 or recovery disk? Do you have a recovery partition on your PC?

Try to follow this guide to perform a recovery for windows 8 when Windows does not start.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03489643

Let me know,

David

0 Kudos
ksheets402
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No unfortunately I do not have a copy of Windows 8 and I'm not aware of what a recovery partition is.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation