Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17-w200 17-w210n noteb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
How do I upgrade to 32 gb RAM?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

First you go see the bank about a second mortgage on your house. Just kidding. Technically HP lists it as having a max 0f 16 gigs (2 x 8 gig). From the Service Manual:

Supports up to 16 GB max system memory with the following:

Your laptop uses DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM memory. Just based on experience and reports by other Forum members and the fact that there are third party sellers offering these configured with 32 gigs of RAM we are pretty sure it will take a pair of 16 gig DDR4-2400 modules like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-16GBx2-PC4-19200-Unbuffered-260-Pin/dp/B019FRCV9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

You can see why I joked about the 2d mortgage. Pricey stuff. 

Your Manual

See pages 33-35. This is even an authorized procedure for end users, you do not place the warranty in jeopardy and there is an easy access door for memory upgrade. Worst case you put in the 32 gigs and it does not work. That is the computer will not post. On the Crucual website they are selling 16 gig modules as compatible with this system so if it does not work Crucial will refund your money. You have nothing to lose in other words:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//hp-omen-17-w200-cto

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

First you go see the bank about a second mortgage on your house. Just kidding. Technically HP lists it as having a max 0f 16 gigs (2 x 8 gig). From the Service Manual:

Supports up to 16 GB max system memory with the following:

Your laptop uses DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM memory. Just based on experience and reports by other Forum members and the fact that there are third party sellers offering these configured with 32 gigs of RAM we are pretty sure it will take a pair of 16 gig DDR4-2400 modules like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-16GBx2-PC4-19200-Unbuffered-260-Pin/dp/B019FRCV9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

You can see why I joked about the 2d mortgage. Pricey stuff. 

Your Manual

See pages 33-35. This is even an authorized procedure for end users, you do not place the warranty in jeopardy and there is an easy access door for memory upgrade. Worst case you put in the 32 gigs and it does not work. That is the computer will not post. On the Crucual website they are selling 16 gig modules as compatible with this system so if it does not work Crucial will refund your money. You have nothing to lose in other words:

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//hp-omen-17-w200-cto

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

HP Recommended
Thanks much. Wow this is high priced stuff, like buying CPU in my limited experience, have to re-evaluate the need here.
HP Recommended

Now that you bring up the subject bragging rights are one thing but if you already have 16 gigs you have a LOT of RAM and very very few computer users can profit from the bump from 16 to 32 gigs of RAM. You would have to be doing big batches of photo editing or perhaps reauthoring video files or CAD type engineering drawing work. For gaming 16 gigs is beaucoup, enough, plenty. 8 gigs is even all most people really need. 

HP Recommended
Well I have 8 GB now and good to hear how much this buys me to todays constantly changing world. Speaking from some someone who started with a Compaq portable ..ie sewing machine compared to today and when a 10 kb hard drive was standard...ha ha how things have changed.
HP Recommended

Mostly for the better...those old Compaq portables cost more than a top of the line laptop dioes now, and in 1988 dollars. 

HP Recommended
I agree, the change has definately been worth while. Thanks for your help! Dont think I am going to save any money today buying RAM verses tomorrow so decided to wait.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.