cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
myrocky
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Upper case numbers/symbols not working

HP Recommended

I'm trying to type the "at" key used in email addresses the upper case of the number 2.  For some reason

it's not working.  I'm wondering if I hit a key by mistake to disable those keys.  Neither of the shift keys

work for the symbols.   HELP...

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,778
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Mostly, it might be due to the failure of the shift keys on the keyboard. But before deciding, i would suggest you to check if any sticky key options got enabled. Please check it in Start, Control Panel, Easy of Access Center and keyboard.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
walib8
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried ctrl shift and it worked

0 Kudos
errybarnes
Level 1
3 2 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I too am having this issue. I get the " when hitting shift 2 not the @ symbol as expected.

It also happens in reverse, if i press shift ' I get the @ and not the "

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
dozy2
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

control and shift worked for me thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation