Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 11 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi

When booting up this laptop (HP Probook 11 G2) I get an error I've never seen before, and I can't find anything online that relates to it.

The error is "TIANO: UsbEnumerateNewDev : failed to set device address - Device Error" and it appears just before Windows loads.  The OS loads fine after this message disappears and there are no other issues with the laptop.  

There WAS another error appearing that stated a USB connected device was not recognised, despite the fact there were no USB devices connected at the time.  I resolved this by reinstalling some drivers & the message no longer appears, however, the "UsbEnumerateNewDev" error is still appearing on boot up.

Has anyone else seen this before?  

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

so

click support above tab

then click software and drivers

then answer the questions, telling HP what you really have there.  full model numbers, only work,.

then load all drivers related to USB.

but it can be a virus infection. (some block driver reloads, or even infects them)

if you can't fix it, and the shop wants $200 to do do that.

why not do F11 reload of the OS>

put it back to day one. (IF BACKED UP)  if not backed, up, backup now.

its bad driver.

do know that loading the wrong driver, this can happen

the driver must HP and form the support page.

must match your exact model @ HP.

must be for your exact OS (and your current OS supported by HP)

and must match your USB chips

my laptop, has 2 USB chips,  usb2, and USB 3, and 2 special drivers , one intel, one NEC.

There is also a driver for the base chips to the above, that must be correct. 

is this PC in factory original condtion, not OS upgrades, was rebuilt using non HP disks?

click , tab support above

then software & drivers.

then tell HP what you have, the full model number you did not post at 1st post. here.

the get your drivers and load them.

NO warranty answers by me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.