Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook 430 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

This is a solution. You'll be able to use your fingerprint scanner through Windows Hello without any HP softwares (i didn't even try to use simplepass). I'm running Windows 10.

Download and install:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/downloads/ds103635

I hope it works also for you 🙂

Download here:

@GENEZIZ wrote:
Hello everyone.

Unfortunately HP does not keep the page updated referring to my notebook.
Forcing users to look all over the internet.
I have a HP DV7-7000 and I am also looking for drivers for my notebook.
I intend to perform a clean installation after upgrading from Windows 10.

Thanks to all who participate in this forum and especially @Lucadebe for its initiative and user recommendation @LJG500 through the step-by-step.

As seen here download link on the Lenovo page, was it removed.

I researched with the following terms:       "Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) Version 4.5.317"

and I found this:

I hope it works for everyone who need the driver.

Or here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B755B5FE8E0F98FB!2472&authkey=!AA9WFVnzajHsPIU&ithint=file%2ce...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this..

The driver is working for me on an EliteBook 8570p, though i did have to foce it a bit...

I upgraded from a  Windows 7 install (not factory image) to Windows 10 and decided to try out the new build-in OS sensor support. On Win7 I didn't use it because it needed the HP tools installed and that was more bloat then i am comfortable with.. of course the problem is getting the drivers.. Windows seems to have installed a driver which  is over 2 years old and doesn't even seem compatible with the OS fingerprint API. I'm not entirely sure whether Win10 is using the same one as Win7, but in any case, driver update didn't find a newer one which was compatible with the OS fingerprint features.

I downloaded and installed the version Lucadebe posted ( Removed link for error in link ). (Note that the installer does seem to dissapear all of a sudden, this is normal i think, it just adds the driver to windows, it won't actually update the device.)

I restarted, but unlike for the other people that wasn't enough in my case. The reason for this was that the posted driver does not actually list the VFS491 as a compatible sensor.. 

So basically i had 2 options:

1. use the driver (from lenovo) posted by the thread creator which is certified as Win10 compatible, but doesn't officially support my sensor.

2. use an older (but still relatively recent; a few months old) driver (from lenovo) which does support my sensor, but isn't certified as Win10 compatible. There are several versions to chose from here, although NONE from HP.. 

The first driver does list the newer VFS495 sensor (mine is VFS491), so i figured i'd force it and see if it works, rather than use a slightly older driver (also from Lenovo) not listed as Win10 compatible.

I went into device manager and opened the properties for the biometric sensor. On the driver tab i selected 'Update driver' -> 'Browse local dirvers' -> 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

Next, because the new driver doesn't actually list my sensor as compatible, i had to uncheck 'Show compatible hardware'.

If you are using the HP provided driver it will by default have a driver selected from manufacturere 'Validity Sensors, Inc.'. They were acquired by Synaptics, so the new driver will be available under 'Synaptics FP Sensors'. I actually installed a number of newer drivers, but the one posted above should be listed as 'Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=003d)'. Select it and click next to install.. 

After installing the newer driver, opening the Sign In options screen suddenly showed an additional header "Windows Hello" with a button to add a fingerprint...

So far, working like a charm.

@

I find that especially dissapointing because these are generic drivers provided by Synaptics.. the OEMs simply have to repackage them.. but even that's too much of an effort it would seem.

Also, considering windows 7 can upgrade itself to windows 10 in place, there are going to be a lot of people who will need win10 compatible drivers..

It saddens my that we have to rely on another manufacturer to provide us with drivers for HP products... Lenovo is still providing drivers for laptops that are older than mine, even drivers for newer operating systems..

Will definitely have to consider this when we have to replace our current laptops..

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
HP Recommended

THIS WORKED FOR ME ON MY DV7 INTEL MACHINE... THANKS

HP Recommended

Dude, there's NOT an "actual hardware site to ge the right driver match", did you ever tried to find it? That's why so much people is asking about that, because HP's site do not have the driver, neither the manufacturer.

@PeerOne wrote:

I advise using another company Driver unless it is certified to match your hardware and only then. I would go to the acutal hardware site to get the right driver match.

HP Recommended

Exactly, who hasn't this fingerprint reader can't even imagine how many driver issues we had after any windows major updates.
I just wanted to share a solution (after a single day since the release of W10).
For me, now it works even better than before (with W8.1).

HP Recommended

I tried installing the driver you hint, but it doesn't seems to work, I cannot install it on my laptop :Crying: but thank!

HP Recommended
I'm sorry 😞 I unistalled old fingerprint drivers and hp simplepass and then I installed that new drivers. Maybe I rebooted and then it immediately works. I used windows hello (you need to put a code as password to "activate" windows hello if I remember correctly).
HP Recommended
It actually really worked, after rebooting I installed the Lenovo driver again and all the problems were gone 😃 you must know that there's not only one answer to a problem 😉 you must research till you find the solution, don't be a conformist
HP Recommended

Im going to try this in my probook 4530s with VFS471 sensor.

i hope it works, ill say if it does 😄

HP Recommended

installer quits itself ???

HP Recommended

It happened the same to me. Then I tried again and it worked (after the installation you should reboot).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.