Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 2
8 7 0 17
Message 1 of 61
Flag Post

Solved!

Validity Fingerprint Common Driver for Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Probook 430 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

This is a solution. You'll be able to use your fingerprint scanner through Windows Hello without any HP softwares (i didn't even try to use simplepass). I'm running Windows 10.

Download and install:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/downloads/ds103635

I hope it works also for you 🙂

Download here:

@GENEZIZ wrote:
Hello everyone.

Unfortunately HP does not keep the page updated referring to my notebook.
Forcing users to look all over the internet.
I have a HP DV7-7000 and I am also looking for drivers for my notebook.
I intend to perform a clean installation after upgrading from Windows 10.

Thanks to all who participate in this forum and especially @Lucadebe for its initiative and user recommendation @LJG500 through the step-by-step.

As seen here download link on the Lenovo page, was it removed.

I researched with the following terms:       "Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) Version 4.5.317"

and I found this:

I hope it works for everyone who need the driver.

Or here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=B755B5FE8E0F98FB!2472&authkey=!AA9WFVnzajHsPIU&ithint=file%2ce...

60 REPLIES 60
Highlighted
Level 3
33 28 2 8
Message 2 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

THIS WORKED FOR ME ON MY DV7 INTEL MACHINE... THANKS

Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dude, there's NOT an "actual hardware site to ge the right driver match", did you ever tried to find it? That's why so much people is asking about that, because HP's site do not have the driver, neither the manufacturer.

@PeerOne wrote:

I advise using another company Driver unless it is certified to match your hardware and only then. I would go to the acutal hardware site to get the right driver match.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
8 7 0 17
Message 4 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Exactly, who hasn't this fingerprint reader can't even imagine how many driver issues we had after any windows major updates.
I just wanted to share a solution (after a single day since the release of W10).
For me, now it works even better than before (with W8.1).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried installing the driver you hint, but it doesn't seems to work, I cannot install it on my laptop :Crying: but thank!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
8 7 0 17
Message 6 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm sorry 😞 I unistalled old fingerprint drivers and hp simplepass and then I installed that new drivers. Maybe I rebooted and then it immediately works. I used windows hello (you need to put a code as password to "activate" windows hello if I remember correctly).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It actually really worked, after rebooting I installed the Lenovo driver again and all the problems were gone 😃 you must know that there's not only one answer to a problem 😉 you must research till you find the solution, don't be a conformist
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 5 0 1
Message 8 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Im going to try this in my probook 4530s with VFS471 sensor.

i hope it works, ill say if it does 😄

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
10 5 0 1
Message 9 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

installer quits itself ???

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
8 7 0 17
Message 10 of 61
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It happened the same to me. Then I tried again and it worked (after the installation you should reboot).

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation