Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is there supposed to be a specific folder that I save the new drivers to or can they be saved anywhere.  Right now I have them saved to my C: drive.

Audio 1.png

I also have Speakers and Hedphones set as default device

Audio 2.png

Here's the driver information that is given when I have the new drivers installed

Audio 3.png

I still have no sound playing from my speakers after I do this.  Am I doing something wrong?  Please help!!

HP Recommended

Honestly, I am at a loss.  I don't believe for a second that you have a different audio card than the rest of us.

I assume you have already checked the sound levels from the speaker in the systray.

HP Recommended

Posting to confirm that the driver update fixes the issue for the dv6-7014nr. I went ahead and ordered a new one when the driver came out. It works - nuf said.

Thank you HP

HP Recommended

Okay so now I am really pissed at HP because I've installed the latest driver update which was released 8/24 saying specifically in the description that it was supposed to fix the loudness equalization issue.  Many of us installed this update and immediately posted on the forums of how the issue was fixed.  So now I've come back because I too thought the problem was fixed but apparently not.

So basically the programmers who build these drivers, are told not to allow users access to options to tweak enhancements because less options equals less technical support issues.  So let me give you a little insight into what access the programers have.  They have these settings that affect the algorithms of how loudness equalization is applied during a song / other audio playback.  We all requested that the loudness equalization be taken away.  unfortunately HP decided to play games and instead of getting rid of loudness equalization, they decided to tweak their algorithm so that the loudness adjustments would be much more unoticeable however I guarantee you that the problem is there.  I'm a college student, and one thing I do is hang out with friends and when we are sitting in the commons room i like to have music playing from my laptop speakers.  So I have my music playing pretty loudly and half way through the song, people look at me, thinking I've lowered the volume, well guess what, I did not adjust the volume at all.  The loudness equalization is still there, it is just less noticeable.  Now some of you might be thinking that it doesnt matter since you aren't baslting music from the speakers, well unfortunately have have bad news for you to, you will definitely notice the volume adjustments through songs even if you are listening to music at a medium volume through the speakers or headphones.  The only difference between the original driver and the latest one is that volume changes occur less like 4 times in one song instead of 20 times.  But it is noticeable and really **bleep** annoying.  I can't believe HP ignored all of us telling them to turn the feature off. Instead they decide they can trick us because maybe we will be too stupid to notice that it is still there!  Please open new support tickets.

HP Recommended

This is the last hp I'll ever own and I don't give a crap if they care or not. My next PC purchase will be me looking in the general direction of ASUS. I've heard really good things about them and I doubt they have this audio problem. But I know hp could care less because hp does stand for "heartless persons/people". But they won't just lose me but my family and friends will be told to avoid them like the plague. So, hp can kiss my rear end. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

@adrynalyne wrote:

Honestly, I am at a loss.  I don't believe for a second that you have a different audio card than the rest of us.

I assume you have already checked the sound levels from the speaker in the systray.

The sound will only work if I plug in a pair of headphones, but if I unplug them there is no sound that comes from the speakers.

HP Recommended

Another update... got a call from my HP case manager on Monday to give me an update.  Their engineering is still working on a proper fix and are beta-testing it right now, and it should be released for all affected models sometime in the next month or so.  He recommended checking the HP website every week or two to see if new drivers have been posted.  Presumably, these would supersede the dv6/dv7 driver package that was released about three weeks ago.  So, keep your eyes peeled, there's supposed to be more coming.

HP Recommended

At least you got your case manager to call you back, I've been trying to reach mine for a month now, only to get transferred to another deparmtnet, line dropped and promised I'll be called back and don't get called back. I'm very disappointed.

HP Recommended

I dont care what anyone says i still hear the issue just not as bad and it still drives me crazy to the point i just us my ipod

HP Recommended

I was going through the Beats setting manager and found this setting that automatically turns down your volume when your enviroment gets loud, thinking it may be a phone call. All you have to do is switch that off and everything will be fine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.