Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey Merchan,

Glad all is working now. Have a great weekend.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

What's your model? Is there a link you can provide to the fixed driver? It seems that there's no update on my Envy 17t 3200 CTO. The last driver update is from 2012-04-11, Version6.10.6381.0.

HP Recommended

@merchan wrote:

HP Support Assistant today notified me with updates and one of those updates includes a new version of IDT Audio Drivers. It appears the volume swings are finnally fixed! Thank you HP

Yes, can you please let us know what is the updated version of the driver and wher we can download it, as HP Support Assistant is silent. My driver version was 6.10.6454, and HP website still offers only this version of drivers for my laptop. This version had the same issue as any other version of the driver.

HP Recommended

My model is from this year (HP Envy 17 j010ep). Last time I checked, the updated drivers were not yet available in the hp product support page for this laptop. Only via HP Support Assistant.

The updated version shows up as 6.10.6491.0

I checked my previous version first before updating and confirmed it  was a new version.

I'm also using Windows 8.1  I guess many drivers were updated to ensure compatibility with 8.1

HP Recommended

@merchan wrote:

My model is from this year (HP Envy 17 j010ep). Last time I checked, the updated drivers were not yet available in the hp product support page for this laptop. Only via HP Support Assistant.

I checked my previous version first before updating and confirmed it  was a new version.

I'm also using Windows 8.1  I guess many drivers were updated to ensure compatibility with 8.1

thanks so much merchan. I've found the link to the new driver here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=au&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-124012-1

Haven't tried to update the driver yet, will do it later and will let everybody here to know if it solved the issue on my laptop. Mine is HP Envy 15j0021 - the same series as yours so hope it will work.

HP Recommended

@merchan wrote:

Thanks for the reply Merchan. It seems though that you are the exception. Maybe HP has worked on the newer models but there's definitely nothing for the older ones like mine (from last year).  I am still using the XML fix which disables most of the Beats Audio controls except for the EQ settings. It sounds good but it's not a legit solution by HP. There was a petition signed and hopefully presented to the appropriate people but still no luck. Btw, I tried to update the driver automatically and it installed an older driver, go figure...So, I assume that the issue for most of us is still unresolved.

HP Recommended

I could upload de SWSetup folder the hp support assistant created for the IDT Audio Driver but I guess that's against the rules of the forums to share it 😛

EDIT: no need. just found the file here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&softwareitem=ob-124012-1

Can't guarantee it will work for all laptops

HP Recommended

I am still waiting for a proper fix for my envy m6-1105dx. HP what is taking so long. Its been almost a year already.

HP Recommended

Thank you HP? Are you kidding me mate? This is 1 year overdue.

Also Envy-3270nr did not recieve an update. HP just doesn't give a **bleep**. Boy was I an idiot to cash out $1500 for a HP product

HP Recommended

So I noticed the other day, that when using iTunes, the audio would be normalized, but when using the Windows 8 Music App there was no volume swings.  So the problem could be with iTunes. My laptop: HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j000

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.