Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ITunes has normalization settings, so maybe.

Being the original poster for this, I guess I should test this.

It's been a year now?

Shameful.
HP Recommended

I wonder what happened to the petition. No word from HP regarding that. Also, everyone, please include your model # in your responses. Does the driver work on every model or just a few, maybe the newer models? Does the windows 8 driver work on windows 7 too? I downloaded the latest one but still haven't tried it, I still use the XML and registry fixes posted here a while back and it makes the problem torelable but of course NOT resolved. I hope someone from HP can clarify.

HP Recommended
I've installed but not tested. Will get back to you.
HP Recommended

I installed the new driver that is supposed to fix the problem, but it didn't help for me. I have the 15t-j000 model, and I just got the computer a few days ago. Are there any other decent drivers I can install that work properly? I'm fine with an "average" computer sound driver but at this point I just want sound that doesn't fluctuate in volume or compress so much. What's everyone experiences with beats audio disabled (using the generic sound driver instead)? I really like the laptop other than this so I'm hesitant to return it for a problem that should be easily fixed. 

HP Recommended

So now I'm just using the generic High Definition sound driver, which sounds acceptable to me, even though there is a big difference from the IDT driver. Is it worth it to use one of the workarounds that have been mentioned instead of the HD driver? It's ridiculous that I have to settle for less than what I paid for but obviously HP is not serious about fixing it since it doesn't work for all models. 

HP Recommended

From what I see, the problem continues even with the newer laptops. This has been going on for more than a year now and there has been no definite answer or a solution from HP. There was a petition signed by many members a few months ago that I still have to hear about its effectiveness. I think that HP has been promoting the brand Beats Audio without listening to their customers (or to the obvious problem that the audio suffers from, in many of their Beats Audio branded laptops). I have come to believe that we are on our own, finding solutions only from fellow users that were kind enough to share their efforts in making the audio experience bearable. As I said in a previous post, you can find a couple of options on how to deal with the issue on your own in this thread. There's an XML file and a registry editing option that I have personally used, so my Envy 17t 3200 CTO can work properly. Since I am a musician/composer, when I first read about this model I thought that it would be ideal for my work. At first, I wanted to return it but after I did the fixup myself and hoped that HP will eventually work on a solution, I decided to keep it. I am glad in a way, since it is a great laptop in every other respect aside from the audio issue. Does anyone have any idea of what can be done next?

HP Recommended
Considering I am DJing a Halloween party tonight, (spur of the moment), I hear volume swings.

I am running klipsch speakers at very high volume and it sounds great until piercing vocals come through out of nowhere.
HP Recommended

Regarding the petition, it is signed by 165 people to date, and I have forwarded it to many different departments in HP, requesting a response, but got absolutely nothing from HP. In the end, I've sent a news article to ~30 technology blogs (I've got a mailing list, worked as an editor few years back). One of the guys was speaking about filing a case in California against HP, but I think he didn't go through with that.

HP Recommended

@ adrynalyne

I hope one of the fixes works for you, I can not see myself listening to music for more than a few seconds with the pumping going.

@ chryslerE

Thank you for your work. It's frustrating that HP has been silent about it but we have to find a way to resolve this. Is there a way for you to contact the person who initially was going to take action? Because as much as I love my laptop I don't think it's fair for a company to not care about its customers. Have you seen in any of the blogs any mentioning of the issue?

People, please stay active with this. Any ideas are welcome.

HP Recommended
The new drivers are the best answer I've seen so far. I can live with it now.

They aren't perfect but the swings are at least infrequent now.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.