Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion DV7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro when Windows 10 was made available.  I just upgraded my laptop to the Windows 10 Creator Edition today and after the install I noticed that I had a number of HP programs installed that are old and I question whether they are necessary and can be removed.  I've also looked for updates on a few of them for Windows 10 and there doesn't seem to be much there which also makes me wonder if these apps, etc are really needed.  Can someone tell me what can be safely removed and what needed to be kept and why I'd appreciate all the help I can get.  Here's a list of what I have on my laptop:

HP 3D DriveGuard

HP Documentation

HP FWUdateEDO2

HP  Games

HP MovieStore

HP On Screen Display

HP Quick Launch

HP Security Assistant

HP Setup

HP Setup Manager

HP SimplePass

HP Software Framework

HP Support Assistant

HP Solutions Framework

HP Update

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi,

I don't feel the following applications are worth keeping and so I've uninstalled these from both of my HP notebooks:
HP Documentation
HP FWUdateEDO2
HP Games
HP MovieStore
HP Security Assistant
HP Setup
HP Setup Manager
HP SimplePass (remove any registered fingerprint, passwords etc. before uninstalling)
HP Support Assistant
HP Update

Rest you could keep, they're not resource hogging.

Regards

Visruth
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.