Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my dv9000t.  All works except I have an "Unknown Device" in Device Manager.  Device driver properties for this device shows a Hardware ID.  Searching the web indicates the unknown device is the HP Webcam 1000.  I have been unable to find a driver for this webcam (other than for XP).  Can anyone help?  Thanks.  -Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry Bob no luck.

I can find the driver for the 32bit everywhere not the 64bit.

I checked AU"Austrila" and the UK"United Kingdom" no good."They have models that are not listed in the US"

In the past if I could not find a driver because of a hardware /software upgrade I would look to other manufacturers IBM/Lenovo Dell and HP to see if they had one.

But I could not find one at any other site.

Sorry Bob.

REO

P.S. If I find anything I will let you know.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Welcome Bob.

Please post the hardware ID.

REO

HP Recommended

Thanks REO for your interest in helping me.  Here are the two Hardware IDs in Unknown Device / Properties / Details:

USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&REV_0100

USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870

Thanks again.  -Bob

HP Recommended

Bob.

Getting ready to leave work.

Back on line in about 35-45 minutes.

REO

HP Recommended

Hi:

Please see if reading the info about getting the webcam to work in this dv6000/dv9000 upgrade guide is of help to you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6...

I have googled the issue and unfortunately, a resolution does not look promising.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the idea Paul. 

I had visited the link you cited and traced it to a Cyberlink YouCam driver.  Unfortunately, running the sp45825.exe driver file did not get the driver installed on my dv9000t. 

In some the research I had done, I saw a few references to a Ricoh driver for the dv9000t webcam.  I tried that too, but no luck.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.   -Bob

HP Recommended

Sorry Bob doing research.

Your Device Info
HP Webcam 1000
Hardware ID
USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&REV_0100
USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870

Compatible IDs:
USB\CLASS_06&SUBCLASS_00&PROT_00
USB\CLASS_06&SUBCLASS_00
USB\CLASS_06
Version
1.0.1.7,2006-01-14

Device Type
Driver Version
OS Support
2K,XP,2K3,VISTA,WIN7/32bits
Driver Date
2006-06-07
Manufacturer
Ricoh

Looks like it is the 64bit that is the problem.

If I understand correctly you need the driver before you need the software???

Will continue to do some research.

Let you know.

REO

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Bob.

Sorry that didn't work for you.

Unforutunately, I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

I looked at the dv2000 and there was only a Vista 32 bit webcam driver but the hardware ID ended in 1810, not 1870.

HP Recommended

REO, I am sure you are correct that the 64-bit is making this more difficult. 

I am not sure what you meant by needing the driver before the software.  If it means: Is 64-bit Windows 7 essential, that answer is Yes.  Is it more important than the webcam functioing?  -  that too is Yes.

Thanks for your continuing help.   -Bob

HP Recommended

Sorry Bob no luck.

I can find the driver for the 32bit everywhere not the 64bit.

I checked AU"Austrila" and the UK"United Kingdom" no good."They have models that are not listed in the US"

In the past if I could not find a driver because of a hardware /software upgrade I would look to other manufacturers IBM/Lenovo Dell and HP to see if they had one.

But I could not find one at any other site.

Sorry Bob.

REO

P.S. If I find anything I will let you know.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.