Note on archived topics.
04-30-2017 04:10 PM
05-02-2017 07:36 AM - edited 05-02-2017 07:51 AM
Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. :). I understand that you need assistance regarding installing windows 10 on your computer. You need to check if the computer meets the requirements for windows 10. I will be really glad to assist you here. :)
Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. :) You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. :)
- Please let me know the complete model# or product# of the computer to check comprehensively if the computer meets windows 10 requirements as it is an old computer.
- Please note that you will not be able to install windows 10 as an Upgrade on Vista. You will need to buy a retail copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft or locally from Best Buy or Staples and install it.
- Also, I will be honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind because this computer was designed to run for Vista or at best Windows 7. So once you install windows 10 even if the product specifications of the computer meet Windows 10 requirements, you may have problems finding the drivers for Windows 10 for different components like the display drivers, audio drivers or network drivers and some of the components may not work properly if these drivers are not installed correctly.
- This computer is an older computer and retired now and as a result, the suppliers may not have updated drivers for the computer’s components for windows 10.
- It is best that the computer runs Windows Vista as it was technically designed for it for optimum performance.
Please check this link out for Windows 10 requirements: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. :)
I am an HP Employee