cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bsheikh
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows 10 Diagnosis fail on restart

HP Recommended
Compaq Inspirion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop was working on Windows 10. One fine day it stoped working. Did restore with keeping files and havent been able to restart still.

It asks for a password "

I go to advanced setting in System Tools at start up and select safe mode (Option 4) but when it tries to start it asks for a "Start up Password" - Message "The computer is configured to require a password in order to start up.Please enter the start up password below "

When I enter the last password that I was using to login to windows before it got corrupted .. that password is not working.

Dont know which password would it be .. I cant remember if i did or did not set up a start up password about 4 years back when the laptop was purchased.

Can you please me in getting the data recovered from this machine somehow ?

Regards,

Bassam

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Can you please me in getting the data recovered from this machine ?

If all else fails, you can remove the disk-drive, and connect it as a "slave" disk-drive on some other computer, and access all your personal files.

0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,688
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Don't know which password would it be .. I can't remember if i did ...

If you did not set a password, does pressing ENTER work?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation